Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Recommended Posts

Hi, Just wondering if anyone has been granted their 489 visa and is unable to make the move due to covid 19.

Kind Regards 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, that sums up my position at the moment.

Was planning to go in September, now pushed back to March next year, maybe even June. Luckily I managed to do a validation trip just before lockdown.

 


149413 - Transport Company Manager (SA State Nomination - 85 Points)

  • Vetassess submitted 24/09/18
  • PTE Passed 08/11/18
  • Positive skills assessment received 06/12/18
  • EOI and SA nomination submitted 10/12/18
  • SA State Sponsorship received 18/12/18
  • 489 visa application submitted 20/01/19
  • Medical & PCC - TBC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep! We were due to fly out on the 23rd July which is obviously now cancelled so now we’re just waiting. 😩


AITSL Skills Assessment submitted: 02/01/19 ~ Successful AITSL Skills Assessment: 25/02/19 (Early Childhood (Pre-Primary) Teacher)  ~ EOI lodged: 16/05/19 (SA 489)  ~ SA sponsorship approved and invited to apply for 489: 29/06/19 ~ Visa application submitted: 02/08/19 ~ Visa granted: 14/01/2020🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just posted this on the 491 topic...

Hey. I've got a 489 so similar boat really, granted after November 2019 so even more similar. 

I'm not really focusing on too much what the governments say (that's not to say I'm ignoring it) I'm focusing the medical, Health & Social Care and science world and a lot is pointing towards a second spike in the UK this winter so I'm not making any imminent plans to leave. I'm sad to see the visa just ticking down but there is nothing I can do about it so I've got a new flat here in the UK and I'm just going to enjoy this bonus time here with family & friends and save some more money.

It's very gutting but what can we all do really? If and when they do open to 489/491 I'll take a holiday (I've booked 2 weeks off next March) just so I've entered Aus and "activated" my visa and that's off my mind, if i then can't fulfil criteria for 887 I'll worry about that further down the line but my contingency plan is the new qualification and post qualification time I'll have and applying for a 190/189 but like I say - I'll cross that bridge if and when the time comes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×