489 visa

Just posted this on the 491 topic...

Hey. I've got a 489 so similar boat really, granted after November 2019 so even more similar. 

I'm not really focusing on too much what the governments say (that's not to say I'm ignoring it) I'm focusing the medical, Health & Social Care and science world and a lot is pointing towards a second spike in the UK this winter so I'm not making any imminent plans to leave. I'm sad to see the visa just ticking down but there is nothing I can do about it so I've got a new flat here in the UK and I'm just going to enjoy this bonus time here with family & friends and save some more money.

It's very gutting but what can we all do really? If and when they do open to 489/491 I'll take a holiday (I've booked 2 weeks off next March) just so I've entered Aus and "activated" my visa and that's off my mind, if i then can't fulfil criteria for 887 I'll worry about that further down the line but my contingency plan is the new qualification and post qualification time I'll have and applying for a 190/189 but like I say - I'll cross that bridge if and when the time comes.