You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Jade&Dan

Looking at moving to tweeds head from uk with a young family, can anyone give me some advise on the area? We are coming on a skilled Visa and have to start first 2 years in NSW.

We eventually want to end up both gold coast Helensvale or Pacific pines are but our skilled Visa means the first 2 years we have to live and work in NSW. I'm looking for a family friendly are as close to the gold coast as possible. My children will be 5 and 6 so will need a nice school. Tweeds head area has come up a few times but I'm struggling to find much info on the area. Any advise and info on Tweeds head or anywhere else in NSW close to the gold coast would be much appreciated. My husband is a floor and wall tiler so somewhere he could commute to work. Thank you 

Try Homely for reviews of various towns/suburbs in the area:

https://www.homely.com.au/find-suburb-by-region/richmond-tweed-new-south-wales

Tweed Heads is very popular with retirees.  I'm not sure how good it is for families with young children. 

https://www.homely.com.au/tweed-heads-tweed-richmond-tweed-new-south-wales/questions/where-are-the-bad-areas-for-crime-and-troublemakers-and-wher

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke