..and much much more!

bunbury61

Glasgow Stabbings

Screenshot_20200626-150947_Samsung Internet.jpg

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

3 dead after stabbing at hostel for illegal immigrants.

BREAKING NEWS

Apparently his broadband was too slow so he thought he would stab people.

Posted (edited)

Sounds like another asylum seeker

Seems to be a pattern forming.

Edited by Parley
  • Like 3

I want it all, and I want it now.

I read that there were stabbing injuries and the suspect was shot dead.

Posted (edited)

This reminds me of the Lindt Cafe seige in Sydney several years ago. I won't mention the perp. but he was an idiot, and an asylum seeker who potentially could have murdered several people during the incident. The only reason he did not was that he was a coward.

This particular asylum seeker had most things laid out for him. He led the Dept of Immigation to believe that he had been high up in the Irani government (the government of Iran??? now there is a dubious collective noun if ever there was one)  and was seeking asylum. This turned out to be completely false, but only after the crime. After several years of having everything laid out for him by the taxpayer, he decided that I, and people like me, and you, should be shot because of who we are, collectively. Fortunately the cops shot him instead. 

What do we benefit from accepting so-called asylum seekers?  

Edited by Dusty Plains
  • Like 1

The man clearly had mental health issues, it wasn’t about religion etc. Meats group took refugees from where they were previously staying and put them into hotels in the city.  Apparently cramped conditions and a lot are vulnerable and have mental health issues.  I just hope the injured people make a full recovery and that there’s some support for the other people involved as I imagine they may be traumatised 

3783504D-9A74-49B5-B223-5573029F9D43.png

A0586328-E06A-4B94-A2FE-57B4F517452C.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 27/06/2020 at 08:22, Parley said:

Sounds like another asylum seeker

Seems to be a pattern forming.

You wouldn't ever hear of locally born Glaswegians stabbing each other, god no! 

• Like 3

:evilface_frowning_s

10 hours ago, Quokka2005 said:

The man clearly had mental health issues, it wasn’t about religion etc. Meats group took refugees from where they were previously staying and put them into hotels in the city.  Apparently cramped conditions and a lot are vulnerable and have mental health issues.  I just hope the injured people make a full recovery and that there’s some support for the other people involved as I imagine they may be traumatised 

In 2018 Glasgow was the UK local authority with the most dispersed asylum seekers,according to the House of Commons Library.

The data suggested in the year to June 2019, Glasgow took in more than 4,000.

More than 150 other UK local authorities did not house a single asylum seeker.

The Home Office currently provides free, fully-furnished accommodation to asylum seekers while applications are being considered.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

8LgJIdXj9gtp7JKC9TRFDjrRses9fAXNfI20TlAbViUPyCXFmschD7bDfGo1trSo28J8-nRTIv5lfvNplgTjCXiTmDkE2VEC2KZ-y3hQlvYVmX7VDE4CDeF8AyO9xqDgTFRFS-ym8Km6Cz5_mr7LiCYyfmVbSem3jsjp0hGFlvOAGfQw0K3LZZmCkMds6U09HsdUV5w4J8shMgQDM5Up33FZJcWiAR1qonFvZ2-gL18pOVhjBarh1amdFpD_7467iEtGqGRKPnZ8ovTEcYQntKIfnHLQ4YQybjkkLOm-KZ28o0SxjuL6aBjCubwXvWalTmd6Xn53xcM7OL8ry1GfOOmpQaOtkxcRgz_adw7peWdGazD6p-2MrkQEiEfhrAGzL3aKGB7sxl3smEAC4sWz7_vv5SLr5_XWqdFYDz6Xpcl6GZK00iFpW4XhAIblW9y6fEpMP_9XOLlAcrhKks_oOW3UV0R7mA8b1DiJ_FFeGPgGMXgBU-gebMYfyHYSS540YZxRswMiOS3tyMh_qEeYaIlbOUNtP6gv34ujqEnWLdNvmSJCI6nSd9t006gllxFIRSJAsECrU5nZPrj7sZ23c5hoPPnJp-3hww_5wrco6L1yMnt-AfmKLo5llYDTtlagwWh79e7Ee-e3PnaTIM22Evs5j-miNioMnO9q-D222J0RkU01rdszC9cdqi_Tdg=w849-h646-no?authuser=0

7HwKvWglpiBzXl5VfUFsx24rg8coewpjNtTjbgatvJ1zYZLrSETg3qnUGLjp8Xn2Yae7t2nbiS9lmd4s8JZEpWgyxmIK98OHKG9StQ-b8HhKqZf0gFo0cGNYamqfzkGNM_SPdiWnkR1o93CpMMcRI7LJ6H23NJwJ_OWJHzc4T3_3L-hF1OVqnNOBDvtQE_yWMs-sp6dAMaEraK1PNgXCBaXw5u-ZAaIoGfrLaiQuZFei-Hh7cYe26fPcETIvoRajbWQPxRTLBlNiZAMPCzTlZMqj9YJSOTxXv_ZBtSzob5QNqH9Q6cwOXPWFw34nZaeV9uNC5YmrFtxmskkqMdkGGsVYFeJEe18i-XbwJt-rZZyOkJd0getlDJ9pOQW0XNlR0eb2dKE23Nv_UBpWne_onDsrZc2BwCJpcXMRjWS-vyvs1IEEY51pXXUusYmS5tPdvZwMyPSduS5nKc-0cRccHMB9I6nJtmqCaj9zfEngrFd0AVeZUTOg66ZFM0oJQ9IAzCOWG4kmrNQDjvkVOnfG28vTRJ0gvYGfFdp02sb3hgCmIYQSN9gkf5cB_Upt8-WSFp7mXv7ND2OZDaV34KwGtZKBAU4qJo6vsQZkymO3G5txq02WRszQVWjKLcejkjbxvxpvn8I7j_YN7jV7np9OF0VerpT35vbCMb1TIETMY7Cv7oz4Ca1ARbTvzf0iuA=w877-h676-no?authuser=0

utPo5ws_53HtI95LqAk-7eWu5RCL1-g7UOMns_257d1tze8tCu9qvRrecd_Sgtv6m-cu-Fp9OfXyck4vzG8QN-vaPS0YoGUc87eqqhN3PTNl_gIwTuXI8gIWZTgy6lPYh8zF8phnjFWvtMn0IOUOqtLmVJag3mgNUrMHYE7u6ZGu1706jHqFtGHYek3IlwDYad2fAYhHd_79VUmPrSAOu4e1CfcNx9pjdgIj7rNRjWmnHgAfT8jfEeHQFMRPMZBhnSohxuoYRXREN5SkCTn2GZoWFEFb5-lVrgHqD33hyR22SDrWKhdkL7sNYKoAQONNZdZlqTVAnreZZ7gyB6dWHFAg4VgLDxqDmOUgtodxqgPnCOlaLA8nNMkn3N3A8ly9Y7MMhAbCX_BkgIrgVzg21UWEzjGVBqwwy7FEFTv_ltCxP022YgMkBEYdwAYWU669urQMiImu3rsD6S6EtPbovNflgT0bkEvfjTXu_rMQcYecEVbg2boAOqLaaTOaBup6gYTeyxW3Bw1PNiYn8n92UmtI6wd78idjlwzaZ0Jwflovzj7H6r-oe4YwZyaqhFsXDoWUESlm5JteLs71PPHnJaFGJzQdng_8qdknTJHhWkaSiHZbpHfwGFNtnJz1DKvTvnq8_5aftemFMgaaLLU5WMq9vzVcfnmTBkZjIeTtkOVzSPhlWOEp2qMUR54Xtg=w728-h563-no?authuser=0

Yes those poor people having to stay in this sh:t hole.  And having to be there between 8-10 am or they would miss breakfast or 12-1pm or miss lunch.  It barbaric i tell you!!

Edited by simmo
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, simmo said:

just awful 

Of course when you watch the interview that's not what the individual says, not at all. It's a misleading tweet at best, racist at worst. Although hardly surprising given 'EUVoteLeave23rd' has been flagged as one of many evidencing 'bot-like' behaviour, high volume/frequent disinformation and links to Russian state funding.

Twitter is sadly filled with an abundance of useful idiots. Please keep this hateful thinking away from Scotland.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, MacGyver said:

You wouldn't ever hear of locally born Glaswegians stabbing each other, god no! 

Haha. There was a stabbing today at the premier inn too.  Certainly a eventful weekend 

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, simmo said:

just awful 

Probably best that he goes back to his better life in Yemen then. 

Edited by Tulip1
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, MacGyver said:

Of course when you watch the interview that's not what the individual says, not at all. It's a misleading tweet at best, racist at worst. Although hardly surprising given 'EUVoteLeave23rd' has been flagged as one of many evidencing 'bot-like' behaviour, high volume/frequent disinformation and links to Russian state funding.

Twitter is sadly filled with an abundance of useful idiots. Please keep this hateful thinking away from Scotland.

I'm amazed that supposedly intelligent people actually believe half the rubbish posted on Twitter.  🤪

• Like 4

14 hours ago, MacGyver said:

What he said is clear from the video. 

• Like 2

On 27/6/2020 at 20:21, Quokka2005 said:

I know Mears from from years ago as a start up building company getting Council housing maintenance contracts, I always had problems with them and getting them to fulfill their obligations.

I mean Mears, couldn't have been making £13,960/week from pocketing £5,39 per day per asylum seeker could they

And of course they wouldn't be claiming money in rent from the govt for the original accommodation and they wouldn't stop paying Council tax whilst they are empty. Would they?!

https://theferret.scot/asylum-seekers-moved-hotel-lives-at-risk-covid-19/

Note the date of the report. 

No firm could be that heartless or mercenary could they?

It seems they could.

It's never as simple as "bad people do bad things" there's always an excuse for the stabbings or bombings. 

On 29/06/2020 at 03:22, Quokka2005 said:

Haha. There was a stabbing today at the premier inn too.  Certainly a eventful weekend 

Did he stab 1 person or 6 people ?

I want it all, and I want it now.

11 hours ago, simmo said:

It's never as simple as "bad people do bad things" there's always an excuse for the stabbings or bombings. 

Not an excuse, a reason. If you only see the world as having bad people that do bad things, it's hard to stop it happening in future. If you seek to understand the reason people do bad things, it can help prevent the same thing happening again for the same reasons and save lives.

That doesn't excuse the actions in any way, they are wrong and should be condemned, but understood where possible. 

• Like 1

You do seem to read more reports now a days stating that this wasn't their first offence or they had recently been released or where being 'monitored''. It is quite scary and makes you wonder how many offenders use the mental health card as an excuse for a lenient sentence or to avoid jail for whatever crime they have committed. 

Cal x

• Like 1

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

34 minutes ago, calNgary said:

You do seem to read more reports now a days stating that this wasn't their first offence or they had recently been released or where being 'monitored''. It is quite scary and makes you wonder how many offenders use the mental health card as an excuse for a lenient sentence or to avoid jail for whatever crime they have committed. 

Cal x

....or how many offenders genuinely have a mental health issue.    

Years ago, those with a serious mental illness would have been in a mental hospital.  I know they were often horrible institutions, but surely the answer to that should've been to fix the bad ones, not just close them all down.   Now (in both Australia and the UK), we have "care in the community" which too often means ""let loose in the community to cause mayhem". 

Over the last 30 years of living in apartment blocks in both countries, I've seen it time and again - people who weren't capable of looking after themselves and were a risk to others.  Now and then a neighbour would call the police because they'd set their place on fire or were abusing neighbours - they'd get taken away and sectioned for a while, then released again with some pills and instructions.  Within weeks they were back to their dangerous/abusive behaviour again.  Some of them were only a small step away from taking a knife to someone, IMO.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 3

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

....or how many offenders genuinely have a mental health issue.    

Years ago, those with a serious mental illness would have been in a mental hospital.  I know they were often horrible institutions, but surely the answer to that should've been to fix the bad ones, not just close them all down.   Now (in both Australia and the UK), we have "care in the community" which too often means ""let loose in the community to cause mayhem". 

Over the last 30 years of living in apartment blocks in both countries, I've seen it time and again - people who weren't capable of looking after themselves and were a risk to others.  Now and then a neighbour would call the police because they'd set their place on fire or were abusing neighbours - they'd get taken away and sectioned for a while, then released again with some pills and instructions.  Within weeks they were back to their dangerous/abusive behaviour again.  Some of them were only a small step away from taking a knife to someone, IMO.

There was a real stigma about mental institutions or asylums as they used to be called.  My Mum had a good friend who had some sort of nervous breakdown when she was going through the menopause.  She was admitted to the local "asylum".  I don't know what happened to her in there but she was never the same when she came back home.  The place is now a college of some sort so hasn't been used as a psychiatric hospital for years.

My sons had a friend in the psychiatric hospital in Rozelle, Sydney.  He was suffering from psychosis due to drug taking and was released after a month a much better person due to medication but my sons told me there were some very strange and disturbed people in there too.  They also would have been released after a time and probably did not continue with their prescribed medication.  There were a fair number of "disturbed" people roaming the streets of Sydney and I dare say many other cities who should have been under special care in a psychiatric facility.

Edited by Toots