sandramcd

Opportunity Classes??

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me if it is possible for your child to sit the NSW test for these 'Opportunity Classes' in the UK? I have a very bright 9 year old who will have spent 2 terms in primary 6 in Scotland to go back into year 5 in Oz and could probably benefit from being in one.

Thanks!

Sandra

Sandra and John, Archie(11), Jonathan(9), Joe(7), Meg(5) and Bob-the-Baby(20 months)

Guest cornishoz
Hi there,

Can anyone tell me if it is possible for your child to sit the NSW test for these 'Opportunity Classes' in the UK? I have a very bright 9 year old who will have spent 2 terms in primary 6 in Scotland to go back into year 5 in Oz and could probably benefit from being in one.

Thanks!

Sandra

my son is sitting the test next week for oc class 2009, but he already attends the same school . we are permanent visa holders which is one of the eligibilty criteria. you need to hold a permanent residency visa and be expecting to be residing in OZ by the beginning of the school year for which you are applying for a place.you can check out the oc class website for more info.

Opportunity Class Placement

there is an option for overseas/interstate students to provide reports in lieu of sitting test in nsw, but places are only available once all nsw students have had places awarded. if your son is 9 he may still be eligible age wise to sit test next year for 2010 entry as it is too late for him to sit test for 2009