Staying longer on tourist visa due to virus

gwheng

Hi 

Hoping if someone in similar situation or have advice that could assist with my question.

So my queries is related with my mum further staying in Australia, she entered the country last year September and she is due to return back to he Malaysia (home for her) in August, she had the 36 months tourist visa type that allowed her to entered & stay in the country up to 12mth and needs to be away for 6 mth before she can visit Australia again.

Although her visa is not due till next year March, but the rules was she only can stay a maximum of 12 mth in Australia before able to enter the country again.

With the current volatile situation i wish her not to travel back to Malaysia since she's in the high risk bracket to contract the virus, is there anything that i can do to extend her stay in Australia.

Will the dept make an exception of letting her to extend her stay in Australia.

looking forward to your input,  opinion & advice, thanks. 

1 hour ago, gwheng said:

Will the dept make an exception of letting her to extend her stay in Australia.

You will need to make an application for a new visa before her current one expires in September. If she has condition 8503 on her visa she will need it waived first. 

13 minutes ago, paulhand said:

If she has condition 8503 on her visa she will need it waived first. 

so we need to submit application to waive her 8503 condition? normally they are quite inflexible in waiving the condition are they more easy now in the situation? 

and once that approved then only we can submit another one? 

28 minutes ago, gwheng said:

so we need to submit application to waive her 8503 condition? normally they are quite inflexible in waiving the condition are they more easy now in the situation? 

and once that approved then only we can submit another one? 

Yes, yes and yes to all three questions.