You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Issey

Retuning to London with a dog

Such a nightmare my daughter needs to get back to London as she has sold up but can’t get a flight for her dog! The only airline that flies them are Quantas and that’s stopped flights - any suggestions?

4 hours ago, Issey said:

Such a nightmare my daughter needs to get back to London as she has sold up but can’t get a flight for her dog! The only airline that flies them are Quantas and that’s stopped flights - any suggestions?

I'd suggest that she contacts JetPets and asks them for help. We used them a couple of years back and their service was excellent. 

I know things are different now, but as transporting animals is their business, they will know how this can be done at the moment.

Good luck.

Left UK 1990 / WA for 28 years / UK / returning to Australia August 2020.

British Airways  Sydney - Singapore - London with dogtainers

She may have to resign herself to leaving the dog behind

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

It looks like she’s staying put for now then. 

• Like 1

Maybe not -  have come up with an alternative for a night flight in September so fingers crossed.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Issey said:

Not a chance!

For goodness sake, it's a dog not a baby.

At a time when hundreds of  people are stuck in other countries, separated from their partners and children due to the travel bans, saying it's a "nightmare" to be separated from your dog is getting things a bit out of proportion. 

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

15 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

At a time when hundreds of  people are stuck in other countries, separated from their partners and children due to the travel bans, saying it's a "nightmare" to be separated from your dog is getting things a bit out of proportion. 

WOW , thats a bit harsh,,, many people treat their dogs and other pets like babies. For some they are their family. 

Cal x

• Like 2

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

22 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

The love many dog owners have for their pet is incomprehensible to some. I have been and will continue to do everything I can to take my dog with me when I can finally return to the UK.  New "breed" restrictions are making this difficult.  I could NOT and will NOT think of leaving her behind.  Yes, just the same as my human children; no different.

• Like 2

Where we love is HOME...
HOME that our feet may leave,
But NOT our hearts...  Oliver Wendell Holmes  

55 minutes ago, calNgary said:

WOW , thats a bit harsh,,, many people treat their dogs and other pets like babies. For some they are their family. 

Cal x

I remember first discussing bringing our cat .. Hubby commented that we'd had her longer than the kids and we weren't leaving her behind unless the vet told us it would be unwise for her to travel.  She was 15 at the time and some would have scoffed at us for bringing her - Vet said, no reason not to -.  Hubby said she had more leg room on her journey than we did on ours lol.   She passed away at the grand age of 21.

• Like 2

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

1 hour ago, calNgary said:

Cal x

I love animals too, and I can fully understand why people are willing to go through all the rigmarole and expense to bring them to Australia (or vice versa).  But this is a different situation in a global pandemic.  Sense of proportion is all I'm saying.

Maybe you didn’t understand the post - she needs to get home to her family and husband who is already here but cannot get a flight for the dog - a dog is for life not just Xmas - it’s family ( only true animal lovers get this so don’t worry) So your perception of a nightmare and mine will never agree. The dog was bought whilst they were living there they never thought they would need to return to England - and yes these are exceptional times and yes there are other families in the same situation. I was asking if anyone had experience or contacts to help. However it’s sorted now so thanks for those who had positive comments.  

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, Issey said:

Maybe you didn’t understand the post - she needs to get home to her family and husband who is already here but cannot get a flight for the dog - a dog is for life not just Xmas - it’s family ( only true animal lovers get this so don’t worry) So your perception of a nightmare and mine will never agree. The dog was bought whilst they were living there they never thought they would need to return to England - and yes these are exceptional times and yes there are other families in the same situation. I was asking if anyone had experience or contacts to help. However it’s sorted now so thanks for those who had positive comments.  

Try dogtainers https://www.dogtainers.com.au/contact-us/

2 hours ago, Issey said:

Glad it’s sorted. It would be good to say what airline/company she’s using as that may help others in the same situation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Issey said:

Completely understand. Dogs are family. Can I ask what airline she used? We are looking at flying home late this year and will be taking our dog with us. Thanks 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tulip1 said:

Glad it’s sorted. It would be good to say what airline/company she’s using as that may help others in the same situation.

Yes, would be good to know...any information would be helpful...

Where we love is HOME...

3 hours ago, Issey said:

Some of us would love to know how it was sorted...airlines, when, cost...anything!  LOL.  So happy everthing appears to have worked out just fine.  Best wishes...

Where we love is HOME...

Posted (edited)

"For goodness sake, it's a dog not a baby". What a crap attitude to someone asking for help.

Claim to be an animal lover righto.

Edited by Gary H
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, RoundInCircles said:

Some of us would love to know how it was sorted...airlines, when, cost...anything!  LOL.  So happy everthing appears to have worked out just fine.  Best wishes...

I was speaking with Dogtainers today 29/06 to quote them. "It's a fluid situation right now, pets can be moved via Doha but communication isn't great, there are other options although Qantas isn't one and won't be for a while yet" Emphasis was on having jabs including rabies up to date so good to go as flights come up short notice, seemed confident that as the year progresses it will improve.

4 hours ago, Gary H said:

I was speaking with Dogtainers today 29/06 to quote them. "It's a fluid situation right now, pets can be moved via Doha but communication isn't great, there are other options although Qantas isn't one and won't be for a while yet" Emphasis was on having jabs including rabies up to date so good to go as flights come up short notice, seemed confident that as the year progresses it will improve.

Thanks so much for that Gary H; much appreciated.  I was in contact with the gent at Dogtainers before everything went pear shaped and found him to be very helpful and knowledgeable.  Will definitely be using their service in the future.

Where we love is HOME...

On 28/06/2020 at 01:40, Marisawright said:

Totally disagree - to me , my dog is almost as important as my wife and daughters - and he gives me far less grief.😀

No the dog is priority no 1 - he or she is part of the family .

How the hell could you think of leaving them behind ?

I can take or leave cats - but my dog is my best pal .

• Like 1

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

2 hours ago, bunbury61 said:

Totally disagree - to me , my dog is almost as important as my wife and daughters - and he gives me far less grief.😀

No the dog is priority no 1 - he or she is part of the family .

How the hell could you think of leaving them behind ?

I can take or leave cats - but my dog is my best pal .

I agree, my dachshund stays by my side when I go unconscious and will sit next to me or on me and bark to alert someone. She has become my assistance dog and trained herself. She is there for me always. I would never dream of leaving her. In fact when I’m in hospital I FaceTime her daily. 
‘Yes I know that people are not supposed to anthropomorphize but I think everyone with a pet does. 

• Like 4

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.