Retuning to London with a dog

Issey

4 hours ago, Issey said:

Such a nightmare my daughter needs to get back to London as she has sold up but can’t get a flight for her dog! The only airline that flies them are Quantas and that’s stopped flights - any suggestions?

I'd suggest that she contacts JetPets and asks them for help. We used them a couple of years back and their service was excellent. 

I know things are different now, but as transporting animals is their business, they will know how this can be done at the moment.

Good luck.

12 hours ago, Issey said:

Not a chance!

For goodness sake, it's a dog not a baby.

At a time when hundreds of  people are stuck in other countries, separated from their partners and children due to the travel bans, saying it's a "nightmare" to be separated from your dog is getting things a bit out of proportion. 

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

At a time when hundreds of  people are stuck in other countries, separated from their partners and children due to the travel bans, saying it's a "nightmare" to be separated from your dog is getting things a bit out of proportion. 

WOW , thats a bit harsh,,, many people treat their dogs and other pets like babies. For some they are their family. 

Cal x

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

The love many dog owners have for their pet is incomprehensible to some. I have been and will continue to do everything I can to take my dog with me when I can finally return to the UK.  New "breed" restrictions are making this difficult.  I could NOT and will NOT think of leaving her behind.  Yes, just the same as my human children; no different.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, calNgary said:

WOW , thats a bit harsh,,, many people treat their dogs and other pets like babies. For some they are their family. 

Cal x

I remember first discussing bringing our cat .. Hubby commented that we'd had her longer than the kids and we weren't leaving her behind unless the vet told us it would be unwise for her to travel.  She was 15 at the time and some would have scoffed at us for bringing her - Vet said, no reason not to -.  Hubby said she had more leg room on her journey than we did on ours lol.   She passed away at the grand age of 21.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, calNgary said:

Cal x

I love animals too, and I can fully understand why people are willing to go through all the rigmarole and expense to bring them to Australia (or vice versa).  But this is a different situation in a global pandemic.  Sense of proportion is all I'm saying.

Maybe you didn’t understand the post - she needs to get home to her family and husband who is already here but cannot get a flight for the dog - a dog is for life not just Xmas - it’s family ( only true animal lovers get this so don’t worry) So your perception of a nightmare and mine will never agree. The dog was bought whilst they were living there they never thought they would need to return to England - and yes these are exceptional times and yes there are other families in the same situation. I was asking if anyone had experience or contacts to help. However it’s sorted now so thanks for those who had positive comments.  

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, Issey said:

Maybe you didn’t understand the post - she needs to get home to her family and husband who is already here but cannot get a flight for the dog - a dog is for life not just Xmas - it’s family ( only true animal lovers get this so don’t worry) So your perception of a nightmare and mine will never agree. The dog was bought whilst they were living there they never thought they would need to return to England - and yes these are exceptional times and yes there are other families in the same situation. I was asking if anyone had experience or contacts to help. However it’s sorted now so thanks for those who had positive comments.  

Try dogtainers https://www.dogtainers.com.au/contact-us/

2 hours ago, Issey said:

Glad it’s sorted. It would be good to say what airline/company she’s using as that may help others in the same situation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Issey said:

Completely understand. Dogs are family. Can I ask what airline she used? We are looking at flying home late this year and will be taking our dog with us. Thanks 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Issey said:

Some of us would love to know how it was sorted...airlines, when, cost...anything!  LOL.  So happy everthing appears to have worked out just fine.  Best wishes...

19 hours ago, RoundInCircles said:

Some of us would love to know how it was sorted...airlines, when, cost...anything!  LOL.  So happy everthing appears to have worked out just fine.  Best wishes...

I was speaking with Dogtainers today 29/06 to quote them. "It's a fluid situation right now, pets can be moved via Doha but communication isn't great, there are other options although Qantas isn't one and won't be for a while yet" Emphasis was on having jabs including rabies up to date so good to go as flights come up short notice, seemed confident that as the year progresses it will improve.

4 hours ago, Gary H said:

I was speaking with Dogtainers today 29/06 to quote them. "It's a fluid situation right now, pets can be moved via Doha but communication isn't great, there are other options although Qantas isn't one and won't be for a while yet" Emphasis was on having jabs including rabies up to date so good to go as flights come up short notice, seemed confident that as the year progresses it will improve.

Thanks so much for that Gary H; much appreciated.  I was in contact with the gent at Dogtainers before everything went pear shaped and found him to be very helpful and knowledgeable.  Will definitely be using their service in the future.

On 28/06/2020 at 01:40, Marisawright said:

Totally disagree - to me , my dog is almost as important as my wife and daughters - and he gives me far less grief.😀

No the dog is priority no 1 - he or she is part of the family .

How the hell could you think of leaving them behind ?

I can take or leave cats - but my dog is my best pal .

• Like 1

Guest The Pom Queen
2 hours ago, bunbury61 said:

Totally disagree - to me , my dog is almost as important as my wife and daughters - and he gives me far less grief.😀

No the dog is priority no 1 - he or she is part of the family .

How the hell could you think of leaving them behind ?

I can take or leave cats - but my dog is my best pal .

I agree, my dachshund stays by my side when I go unconscious and will sit next to me or on me and bark to alert someone. She has become my assistance dog and trained herself. She is there for me always. I would never dream of leaving her. In fact when I’m in hospital I FaceTime her daily. 
‘Yes I know that people are not supposed to anthropomorphize but I think everyone with a pet does.