Travel Exemptions for 482 Visa Holders

Maherw2

6 minutes ago, Lauram1 said:

Isnt it just! Guess theres lots of us in the same boat. I would definitely apply for exemption now, it cant hurt. The immi international team were really helpful when I called, and if they advised it, it must be correct!

That's good advice at least! The migration agent registered with my hospital advised against it saying people had been refused without valid visas but I see much more sense in this approach. 

4 hours ago, Elmurph said:

That's good advice at least! The migration agent registered with my hospital advised against it saying people had been refused without valid visas but I see much more sense in this approach. 

Seems silly not to try, because there’s no limit to the number of times you can apply for an exemption 

15 hours ago, Elmurph said:

I'm delighted to hear that! What supporting documentation did you give with the application?

I got a letter from my employer saying why they needed me over, my degree and post grad certificates to show I was actually qualified for the job and I wrote a letter with more detail as to why my job is critical to Australia 

2 hours ago, Lauram1 said:

I got a letter from my employer saying why they needed me over, my degree and post grad certificates to show I was actually qualified for the job and I wrote a letter with more detail as to why my job is critical to Australia 

That’s great news! I hope you don’t mind me asking a question about the exemption documents. I’m putting together an exemption request currently. With your letter re: job being critical, did you specify how it related to Covid? Or wasn’t that required? As I would struggle with that aspect. I’m an occupational therapist with job offer for rehabilitation of clients (Adults and children) in the community. 

5 minutes ago, Green said:

That’s great news! I hope you don’t mind me asking a question about the exemption documents. I’m putting together an exemption request currently. With your letter re: job being critical, did you specify how it related to Covid? Or wasn’t that required? As I would struggle with that aspect. I’m an occupational therapist with job offer for rehabilitation of clients (Adults and children) in the community. 

I'm a breast radiographer and mammography had to stop during the peak of covid so both my employer and I detailed how many women had gone without a mammogram during this period and I detailed how this could affect people ie missed cancers etc. In my letter I went into more detail  about my job role etc. Has OT been stopped or services reduced during covid in aus? Having you over would mean more rehab for Australian clients 

14 minutes ago, Lauram1 said:

I'm a breast radiographer and mammography had to stop during the peak of covid so both my employer and I detailed how many women had gone without a mammogram during this period and I detailed how this could affect people ie missed cancers etc. In my letter I went into more detail  about my job role etc. Has OT been stopped or services reduced during covid in aus? Having you over would mean more rehab for Australian clients 

Thanks, Lauram1. That’s a good idea! Yes I think they have a backlog of people waiting for reviews in this specific job. Will need to do a bit of research. Good of luck with everything!

8 minutes ago, hollygolucky said:

My exemption was granted one week ago, and my visa is now being processed - they asked for a police check.
I applied for both on 2nd July.

My sponsor is a health board.

That's great to hear Holly! My sponsor is a health board as well. I'm just after hitting a snag - my situation was I had actually been in Australia last year from August until March and had to travel home urgently due to family reasons, so was provisionally registered with AHPRA already. Unfortunately my visa and everything was cancelled so I've had to start from scratch aside from the AHPRA application. However I am approaching the expiry date of my provisional registration with AHPRA - I have applied for renewal but was told this could take up to six weeks. My registration is still in force while they consider my renewal and I have attached a statement saying the same thing on my visa application. I know this is a bit complicated but can anyone comment on whether it would be possible to have the visa granted with a technically expired AHPRA registration?

11 hours ago, Elmurph said:

That's fantastic! How long in total were you waiting? Was your sponsor accredited do you mind me asking?

I'm unsure. Im working for cancer screening so I'll be employed by the department of health so I assume they are accredited. Ive been waiting around 3 months.

47 minutes ago, Elmurph said:

That's great to hear Holly! My sponsor is a health board as well. I'm just after hitting a snag - my situation was I had actually been in Australia last year from August until March and had to travel home urgently due to family reasons, so was provisionally registered with AHPRA already. Unfortunately my visa and everything was cancelled so I've had to start from scratch aside from the AHPRA application. However I am approaching the expiry date of my provisional registration with AHPRA - I have applied for renewal but was told this could take up to six weeks. My registration is still in force while they consider my renewal and I have attached a statement saying the same thing on my visa application. I know this is a bit complicated but can anyone comment on whether it would be possible to have the visa granted with a technically expired AHPRA registration?

My AHPRA hasn't been approved yet(I've just got it in principle) and my Visa was granted. Ahpra have been great and given me 2 extensions so far but hopefully I'll be over before the expiry of this current extension 

16 minutes ago, Lauram1 said:

My AHPRA hasn't been approved yet(I've just got it in principle) and my Visa was granted. Ahpra have been great and given me 2 extensions so far but hopefully I'll be over before the expiry of this current extension 

Ya my visa was approved on the basis of in principal approval last year. I suppose I expected to be back long before the current registration expired, it crept up on me! Hopefully the letter of support from AHPRA stating that I've applied for renewal will be OK 

On 07/08/2020 at 11:28, Lauram1 said:

Laura, when you were granted your travel exemption did you include a screenshot of this or anything as part of your attached documents on the visa application? I'm just wondering how do they actually identify those with travel exemptions if it is two separate systems

20 minutes ago, Elmurph said:

Laura, when you were granted your travel exemption did you include a screenshot of this or anything as part of your attached documents on the visa application? I'm just wondering how do they actually identify those with travel exemptions if it is two separate systems

No, I thought about it but there didn't seem an appropriate section for it. I just figured they would search for my application after granting the exemption as you have to put your visa application ID on the exemption form

Hi guys,

Does anybody have any idea if they will allow expats on a TSS 482 visa to leave and come back?

I've read it might not be until at least Jan 2021.

I'd happily pay the quarantine fees, I just want to see my family and partner. It's been so long. 😞 

Hi guys,

Does anybody have any idea if they will allow expats on a TSS 482 visa to leave and come back?

I'd happily pay the quarantine fees, I just want to see my family and partner. It's been so long. 😞 

11 minutes ago, Reece said:

Hi guys,

There are thousands of TSS 484 holders stuck overseas.  They are being refused exemptions even though their main residence is in Australia and their whole life is here. So if you choose to leave now, there's no chance they'd allow you to return.  The only 482 holders being granted exemptions are workers critical to the fight against Covid (i.e. health professionals).  

No one knows when that might change.   There is a Facebook group for 482 holders stuck overseas,  perhaps you or your partner could join it (I don't have a link, sorry).   I'm sure when the rules finally change, that group will spread the news.

Edited by Marisawright