Electrician VETASSESS elective 1

VETASSESS electives 1 Electrical Isntallations and emergancy systems

Is anyone able to shed some light on the requriements of this elective?

I’m currently in Australia and my VETASSESS assessments will be here, but is this form to be filled out with my knowledge of UK emergancy systems as I’m from the UK or to Australian requirements as I’ll be sitting the assessments here? 

For example the requirement for emergancy lighting batteries in the UK is 3 hours, whereas here in Australia it says 90 minutes.

Vetassess would be the skills assessment? If so uk experience is expected as it’s the initial assessment. 
it’s a bit of a scam as they make you do the whole thing again as part of the capstone/ gap training. 

if you are doing the gap training then you need to use the Australian standards and they have a book for everything even though nobody actually does it on site. 
Be careful with the 3hr rule. I’m pretty sure the book says ‘full rated duration’. Which means any system that still has a 1hr fitting could still be acceptable. It’s generally 3hrs because most fittings are now rated at that because manufacturing costs are low enough to make selling 1hr fittings a bIt pointless. 

Edited by Jsmull87