482 to ENS and Uni study

K Gov

Hi all, I’m new here so please excuse me where I am asking previously answered questions.

I took a job on the STSOL in regional Victoria in Sept 2019 and have a 482 TSS visa. 
I’m now in a position to do an ENS application (which I want to work on 1 july onward- as we were told that there could be 1 july potential changes).

-I have the following process in mind and want to know what the expected time line could be as we have a child going to uni next year and certainly want to avoid international uni fees......?

-and of course all the other things that come into play once you have PR like a mortgage, etc

1. VETASSESS submission of my qualifs to be evaluated

2. apply for ENS

looking forward to as much feedback as possible please, thanks

😊

12 hours ago, K Gov said:

I took a job on the STSOL in regional Victoria in Sept 2019 and have a 482 TSS visa. 
I’m now in a position to do an ENS application (which I want to work on 1 july onward- as we were told that there could be 1 july potential changes).

-I have the following process in mind and want to know what the expected time line could be as we have a child going to uni next year and certainly want to avoid international uni fees......?

Your employer will have to engage an agent to do their side of the paperwork, so why not ask the employer to ask their agent for an estimate of how long it's likely to take in your particular case.  Judging by others who post here, it's a case of "how long is a piece of string" as it varies so much.

There is a whole section of the forums dedicated to employer sponsored visas:

https://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/48-business-sponsored/

• 1 month later...

Hi all, apologies for the half baked info. My situ has evolved as follows and I need advice please. Feel free to point out anything I’m missing.

I am seeking your advice on what would be the quickest and most reliable way to get PR here in Aus based on the scenarios below.

We have 3 kids 17, 13 and 9 years old. the eldest turns 18 in Feb and the plan is for her to attend Uni next year.
I started work here for a construction co in Ballarat ( regional Vic) as a Contracts Administrator end Sept 2019 on a 2 year TSS visa. 
(From my reading I seem to interpret it as: unless I revert to being a Project Manager for which I have a number of years experience, there appears to be no other way for me to have PR here as there seems to be the 3 yr service requirement with the regional sponsor for the 187 option).
I have an overseas Project Management cert and will complete an MBA by early next year (UK institution).
I am turning 44 in December and my wife will be 44 in May.
Apart from being a South African citizen, my family and I are NZ residents.

1. Am I eligible at this point in time to apply for the 187 visa, should I remain in my present position with the company I am at in Ballarat on a 75k + car salary?
2. if the chance was there to move to a Project Manager role within my present employment in point (1), how does that change things?
3. I have a potential offer in Melbourne as A a Project Manager on an 80k + car salary salary, can you advise if it will enhance my options?