PR medical with toddler

Lotty777

Hello, 

I am just looking for advice or experience of the medical assessment with young kids when applying for PR. 

We are currently onshore with temp working visas, however never had to take a medical. Our toddler does not do GPs or appointments very well. Will not cooperate no matter what we try, yet in everyday life they are full of life and love causing trouble with other children.  

What can I expect during the assessment? What will be expected of a young child? 

We need to place an application soon, so waiting until the toddler phase is over isn’t an option. 

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/06/2020 at 07:52, Lotty777 said:

Hello, 

I am just looking for advice or experience of the medical assessment with young kids when applying for PR. 

We are currently onshore with temp working visas, however never had to take a medical. Our toddler does not do GPs or appointments very well. Will not cooperate no matter what we try, yet in everyday life they are full of life and love causing trouble with other children.  

What can I expect during the assessment? What will be expected of a young child? 

We need to place an application soon, so waiting until the toddler phase is over isn’t an option. 

Thanks 

We did ours in the UK last year with a 9 & 3 year old.

It was very basic what they did with my 3 year old, felt around her neck, her stomach and checked her joints (Neck, arms and legs).

She had to do urine test, the doctor was brilliant and the kids spent most the time laughing.

I wouldn't worry about it and I am sure that there have been plenty of kids before you who haven't been co-operative.

• Like 1