Attaching evidence - partner visa

Phoebe147

Hi

As I progress through the application, there is no prompts to attach evidence. I am presuming that there will be an option at the end to do this? Can anyone confirm this?

I have quite a lot of evidence and would also like to know if any one has advice on best practice to submitting evidence (naming conventions, sizes etc)

I am collecting all of this on the side as we progress ready to attach.

Thank you for any guidance or help.

Phoebe

21 hours ago, Phoebe147 said:

Hi

As I progress through the application, there is no prompts to attach evidence. I am presuming that there will be an option at the end to do this? Can anyone confirm this?

I have quite a lot of evidence and would also like to know if any one has advice on best practice to submitting evidence (naming conventions, sizes etc)

Phoebe

Once you have sent the application and paid for it you will be able to upload supporting documents. 

On 13/06/2020 at 13:24, Nemesis said:

Once you have sent the application and paid for it you will be able to upload supporting documents. 

Thank you. So to confirm, I just need to progress through application (adding notes to additional documents as I go through i.e. where they ask for identity docs (birth cert etc) pay the fee and then upload all supporting documents. Do you know how the upload happens is it just a one by one upload or a drop box style folder? Appreciate your help.

58 minutes ago, Phoebe147 said:

Thank you. So to confirm, I just need to progress through application (adding notes to additional documents as I go through i.e. where they ask for identity docs (birth cert etc) pay the fee and then upload all supporting documents. Do you know how the upload happens is it just a one by one upload or a drop box style folder? Appreciate your help.

Haven't done it for a few years but I believe it is still a question of uploading one document at a time. 

You just have to follow the instructions, once you have paid it will tell you how to upload

12 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

Haven't done it for a few years but I believe it is still a question of uploading one document at a time. 

You just have to follow the instructions, once you have paid it will tell you how to upload

Wonderful - thank you 🙂 huge help for me to progress

It is one document at a time. They have different sections (evidence of the couple living together, financial aspects of the relationship, social aspect of the relationship) and you upload your documents under whatever category fits best. You don't need to upload documents for each category, as some are not relevant to your particular visa. There is also no need to upload the same document twice just because it can fit two categories.  Once is enough.

Be aware that there a limit to the number of documents you can provide (100 on mine, perhaps less on other visas, but your immi account will tell you that), and also a size limit (each doc mus be under 5MB).

2 hours ago, TheWayOfThePony said:

It is one document at a time. They have different sections (evidence of the couple living together, financial aspects of the relationship, social aspect of the relationship) and you upload your documents under whatever category fits best. You don't need to upload documents for each category, as some are not relevant to your particular visa. There is also no need to upload the same document twice just because it can fit two categories.  Once is enough.

Be aware that there a limit to the number of documents you can provide (100 on mine, perhaps less on other visas, but your immi account will tell you that), and also a size limit (each doc mus be under 5MB).

Thank you for this - so helpful. I appreciate it!

16 hours ago, Phoebe147 said:

Thank you!

Hi Phoebe,

I just completed my partner visa in March this year. I basically uploaded everything I could think of. I once rang immigration and someone told me tickets of flights is not good evidence so to back that up I sent a photo of us in each of the destinations mentioned. 

In my case, we're not married so it is most important to submit crucial evidence like shared bills, tenancy agreements etc. I even submitted evidence of us having an engagement party!

The more the better as you wouldn't want it delayed/ rejected on lack of evidence (I've been down that road too when I applied for my dads visitors visa- he only came for 5 days but they rejected my first application... lesson learnt!)

kind regards,

Kiran

2 hours ago, kiranD said:

Hi Phoebe,

I just completed my partner visa in March this year. I basically uploaded everything I could think of. I once rang immigration and someone told me tickets of flights is not good evidence so to back that up I sent a photo of us in each of the destinations mentioned. 

In my case, we're not married so it is most important to submit crucial evidence like shared bills, tenancy agreements etc. I even submitted evidence of us having an engagement party!

The more the better as you wouldn't want it delayed/ rejected on lack of evidence (I've been down that road too when I applied for my dads visitors visa- he only came for 5 days but they rejected my first application... lesson learnt!)

kind regards,

Kiran

Great thank you for this insight!

On 12/06/2020 at 08:59, Phoebe147 said:

Hi

Phoebe

Setup a folder for each type of evidence

Save your scanned documents with clear file name - eg Phoebe 147 Birth Certificate.

Group into single pdfs things which make sense, so household bills in one not 10 docs (travel photos, photos at family event together etc I put into word with captions then saved as PDF - 8 pages or so)

Keep important things like Passport etc indivudual as they have their own drop down category (Passport, ID card, driving license etc).

Edited by Jon the Hat

11 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Setup a folder for each type of evidence

Save your scanned documents with clear file name - eg Phoebe 147 Birth Certificate.

Group into single pdfs things which make sense, so household bills in one not 10 docs (travel photos, photos at family event together etc I put into word with captions then saved as PDF - 8 pages or so)

Keep important things like Passport etc indivudual as they have their own drop down category (Passport, ID card, driving license etc).

Thank you - great advice. Will do just that. Appreciate the insight.