VIT teaching registration ID docs

On 30/07/2020 at 18:18, RebeccaKate84 said:

A statutory declaration explaining why I couldn’t provide a commencement document, a referee letter confirming my name and address, and additional ID documents (I sent my police check, a mortgage statement and P60 with a passport photo attached) plus the form with all the documents listed signed by a nurse to confirm they are my documents. 

fingers crossed it’s enough...

Hi Rebecca hope your ok did you get an update with this ? 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow @RebeccaKate84, that certainly took a while!

Which visa are you going for..? Are you Primary or Secondary?

I am also considering VIC for the 190 as a Primary School Teacher. The 190 has 'teaching a language' requirements which I do qualify for and can prove with a letter from the school. I didn't realise that VIT registration is required prior to invitation, and while long, I am encouraged to see that it actually did go through and is possible!

I will wait for my AITSL to come through first. Did you also get your SES done through AITSL? I am hearing that this is not required and proof of employment can be done at the visa application stage.

Look forward to your suggestions. Thanks again.

Hi @Snuber and @RebeccaKate84,

Wanted to check in to find out where you guys were in your journey.

I am also considering VIC for the 190 as a Primary School Teacher. Several agents have mentioned that registration is not required for the skilled migration pathway and that you would need to get it done once in Australia. I was advised that only skills assessment is necessary. Your experience though has given me a wake up call. Any thoughts on this?

I didn't realise that VIT registration is required prior to invitation, and while long, I am encouraged to see that it actually did go through and is possible!

I will wait for my AITSL to come through first.

I look forward to your suggestions. Thank you and hope you are well into your next steps now.

Sorry for the length of time for the reply, notifications were going into my spam folder. 

I’m secondary science. Whilst I would love to go for a 189 - which you don’t need registration for - they are virtually impossible to get with less than 95 points. So it’s likely we are going for the 190 state sponsored visa. For Victoria you need your teaching reg for this, I think for SA and some other states you do not. 

it’s actually WA we want to go to but there is no PR visa pathway straight there currently/pre-covid for teachers. I hope that changes but I’m doubtful so we will prob have to do our 2 years elsewhere first. 

I’ve not got an SES. 

Hi @RebeccaKate84,

Thanks for your reply. WA was also my priority but I can't consider it for the same reasons you've mentioned. I am keeping options open for VIC, SA etc. I am still waiting on AITSL, however, decided to start with myVIT today. I have all my documents in order, but the portal won't 'tick-off' (green) my qualifications. Something is definitely wrong with it because I have inserted, checked, deleted and re-inserted my quals several times.

I have an Australian 3 year Bachelor degree + and an Australian 1 year Grad Dip Ed teaching qualification (ITE) with supervised teaching practice (which completes the 4 years required). I also have an M.Ed (again, Australian), however, this should not be required. It keeps stating that I need to add more qualifications as it may not be sufficient. I am not getting my green tick!!

I wrote to myVIT at least 3 weeks ago to ask about several things, alongside other state bodies. Tasmania, South Australia and Queensland replied back to me albeit after some delay. Tasmania was the quickest (a matter of days). I still have not heard from Victoria. I wonder how long it will take for someone to clarify what I need to do for the above issue. I will try again tomorrow, and if not, will drop them an email.

Thanks again 🙂

On 25/02/2021 at 18:16, Rick2021 said:

I have an Australian 3 year Bachelor degree + and an Australian 1 year Grad Dip Ed teaching qualification (ITE) with supervised teaching practice (which completes the 4 years required). I also have an M.Ed (again, Australian), however, this should not be required. It keeps stating that I need to add more qualifications as it may not be sufficient. I am not getting my green tick!!

Hi @RebeccaKate84, so I watched the instructional videos and it shows that when you Add Qualifications, on the first page where you choose Country and State, there is also a field that shows Qualification Type. This field is actually MISSING in my account. I can't select a qualification type, hence not allowing me to indicate that I am inserting information for an ITE. I have emailed them, waiting for a response!

This is what they show in the video:

856999655_ScreenShot2021-03-01at14_50_37.png.cd28f013e37b1301d1cc8e6fc75b01a3.png

And this is what I see:

21107220_ScreenShot2021-03-01at14_49_47.png.f30e1fb073fccf969b346edbe08509a3.png

• 3 months later...

Hi there,

I'm just starting this process registering with VIT. The website is a logistical nightmare! It seems everything you type in is not recognised! Do you have any tips for a newbee? I'm a secondary school teacher with a PGCE (secondary) a 4 year degree and over 10 years experience under my belt.

Thanks in advance,

Tracy