VIT teaching registration ID docs

Having a bit of a nightmare with my VIT teacher registration which I need for the 190 visa eoi. I’ve been asked to provide additional secondary ID documents - they have recognised my passport and drivers license but seemingly not my U.K. birth certificate or bank statement.

looking at the list I don’t have any of the commencement documents (all Australian resident docs, I’m still in U.K.) so will have to request an exemption with a statutory declaration, referee letter and further ID docs.

Looking at the list of accepted ID documents I’m struggling to see anything that I have - has anyone gone through this process that can suggest  anything that might be accepted? 

I’ve downloaded the stat declaration form, but for the referee letter does it need to be set out in a particular way or does it not matter as long as it confirms my name, address etc ad us signed by an appropriate person? 

Total minefield - if anyone can help I’d be really grateful! 

Rebecca 

Yes I sent the original application weeks ago with my birth certificate, passport, driving license, and bank statement as these were all listed as accepted documents. Yesterday they emailed asking for the additional documents, but the list appears to have changed - UK birth certificate or bank statement  no longer on there. 

2 hours ago, RebeccaKate84 said:

Yes I sent the original application weeks ago with my birth certificate, passport, driving license, and bank statement as these were all listed as accepted documents. Yesterday they emailed asking for the additional documents, but the list appears to have changed - UK birth certificate or bank statement  no longer on there. 

Hi so I rang them in the end had to wait till midnight etc and they said you had to have a commencement document are you eligible for the WHV ? Maybe you could ring them and ask about a tourist visa as that’s free for UK citizens. What documents have they now said you can use instead ? I spoke to a teaching agency in Australia and they think VIT will hopefully change this soon. What’s the statutory declaration and reference letter they want ? They have made it near impossible for Overseas teachers 

I've been speaking with Snuber on Facebook about this absolute shocker of an application!! 🙈 They haven't got the system sorted for overseas applicants yet - I'm presuming they know that you are overseas?

I've sent off for my police check, so time is ticking for me to get some answers too - but this is what I am thinking of submitting for my identity:

Commencement - Full Birth Certificate
Primary ID - Passport
Secondary ID - Drivers Licence
Secondary ID - Bank Card (it says these are accepted? )

image.png.5474fae06aea70a62820e3b0045afcba.png

3 hours ago, RebeccaKate84 said:

Was it your full birth certificate or the small one? My agent said that she had been in touch with VIT and they said as it gets checked manually they will pick up the fact that it is a UK birth certificate but that it had to be the full one? 

12 minutes ago, RebeccaKate84 said:

Yep it was my full birth certificate. I might email them back to clarify but UK birth certificate doesn’t seem to be on their list now - it must have been a few weeks ago because I wouldn’t have included it otherwise. 

They've had this big overhaul on their portal and just not accounted for any overseas applications! 🙈 Can you keep us posted if you hear anything back?

1 hour ago, RebeccaKate84 said:

Will do. I have emailed back, and I have my agent on the case who is also seeking advice from someone at smart teachers.  So hopefully will get some clarity soon. I was so fed up yesterday, yet another hurdle and we are no where near submitting the EOI yet! 

Thank you - hope we all get some clarity soon. There must be so many other people in the same situation! 🙈🤷‍♀️

12 hours ago, RebeccaKate84 said:

Will do. I have emailed back, and I have my agent on the case who is also seeking advice from someone at smart teachers.  So hopefully will get some clarity soon. I was so fed up yesterday, yet another hurdle and we are no where near submitting the EOI yet! 

Hi Rebecca I emailed them in regards to it and no one replies and when they did they kept sending me the commencement document link if you hear anything will you please let us know what state are you applying to many are closed at the moment so that should give you some time hopefully x

On 11/06/2020 at 16:44, RebeccaKate84 said:

Having a bit of a nightmare with my VIT teacher registration which I need for the 190 visa eoi. I’ve been asked to provide additional secondary ID documents - they have recognised my passport and drivers license but seemingly not my U.K. birth certificate or bank statement.

looking at the list I don’t have any of the commencement documents (all Australian resident docs, I’m still in U.K.) so will have to request an exemption with a statutory declaration, referee letter and further ID docs.

Looking at the list of accepted ID documents I’m struggling to see anything that I have - has anyone gone through this process that can suggest  anything that might be accepted? 

I’ve downloaded the stat declaration form, but for the referee letter does it need to be set out in a particular way or does it not matter as long as it confirms my name, address etc ad us signed by an appropriate person? 

Total minefield - if anyone can help I’d be really grateful! 

Rebecca 

Hi Rebecca did you hear back? are you from the uk if so VIT emailed me back and said we can use tourist visas as commencement documents these are free for UK citizens does that help at all?

I’ve not heard back from VIT yet but my agent has advised that I put together all of the other documents (referee letter, statutory declaration and additional bits of ID - I’ve gone with my police check, mortgage renewal and P60), so I’ve sent those off and I’m awaiting a reply. If there are any issues I’ll apply for a tourist visa and try that next, thanks for the heads up. 

17 minutes ago, RebeccaKate84 said:

I’ve not heard back from VIT yet but my agent has advised that I put together all of the other documents (referee letter, statutory declaration and additional bits of ID - I’ve gone with my police check, mortgage renewal and P60), so I’ve sent those off and I’m awaiting a reply. If there are any issues I’ll apply for a tourist visa and try that next, thanks for the heads up. 

No worries I’ve emailed them back again so I’ll keep you updated please could you tell me what the referee letter and statutory declaration are or where I can find them as I will probably have do the same as you would help me loads 

thanks 

This is the list of documents that I'm getting signed by the headteacher at mine tomorrow - hoping this will all be OK! 🤞 I will be uploading them to the portal on Wednesday!

Qualifications:

PGCE certificate

PGCSE transcript

PGCE confirmation of days in school

Degree certificate

Degree transcript

Criminal record check:

I selected that I consent for VIT to undertake NCCHC on my behalf. Stated that I lived in the UK and gave my birthtown.

Proof of identity:

Full birth certificate

Copy of passport

Copy of driving licence

Copy of council tax bill dated March 2020

Copy of bank statement and bank card

Proof of identity - Name History

Full birth certificate

Deedpoll name change 

Marriage certificate 

Passport 

Driving licence

Proof of identity - Address History

I've just added these in manually with no documentation to support them.

Overseas Residency:

https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

Copy of completed police check signed by headteacher.

2 hours ago, Snuber said:

No worries I’ve emailed them back again so I’ll keep you updated please could you tell me what the referee letter and statutory declaration are or where I can find them as I will probably have do the same as you would help me loads 

thanks 

The statute declaration for us on their website 

https://www.vit.vic.edu.au/forms-and-publications/forms

theres also a video explaining how to complete it. 

for the letter I just got my friend who’s a nurse to wrote a letter confirming my name and address, detailing her name, address and job role. 

I hope I’ve done it all correctly, I’m having a major confidence crisis as I felt I had 100% had met their requirements the first time around. 

22 hours ago, RebeccaKate84 said:

for the letter I just got my friend who’s a nurse to wrote a letter confirming my name and address, detailing her name, address and job role. 

I hope I’ve done it all correctly, I’m having a major confidence crisis as I felt I had 100% had met their requirements the first time around. 

Hopefully you will have once you send it off fingers crossed they will get back to you soon as Atleast you know they’ve not rejected it just required more information 

On 15/06/2020 at 18:15, RebeccaKate84 said:

Hi Rebecca have you had any update from then 

2 hours ago, RebeccaKate84 said:

Nope. Sent all the docs they requested but like everything else no one seems to do anything in a hurry. Perhaps like my AITSL it has gone to the bottom of the pile again! 

Good luck your ahead of me atleast I still need to send the bloody thing 

• 1 month later...
On 22/06/2020 at 05:52, RebeccaKate84 said:

Nope. Sent all the docs they requested but like everything else no one seems to do anything in a hurry. Perhaps like my AITSL it has gone to the bottom of the pile again! 

Hi Rebecca did you get anywhere with this ?

21 minutes ago, RebeccaKate84 said:

Still waiting. Had an email yesterday to say thanks for the documents and they are currently processing. 

Hi thanks for replying what extra documents did you send as they are still asking for commencement document which is annoying x

A statutory declaration explaining why I couldn’t provide a commencement document, a referee letter confirming my name and address, and additional ID documents (I sent my police check, a mortgage statement and P60 with a passport photo attached) plus the form with all the documents listed signed by a nurse to confirm they are my documents. 

fingers crossed it’s enough...

58 minutes ago, RebeccaKate84 said:

A statutory declaration explaining why I couldn’t provide a commencement document, a referee letter confirming my name and address, and additional ID documents (I sent my police check, a mortgage statement and P60 with a passport photo attached) plus the form with all the documents listed signed by a nurse to confirm they are my documents. 

fingers crossed it’s enough...

Really hope it is for you good luck