Australia travel exemption! help needed!!

abe96

Hi everyone. I would like to know if i could enter Australia at the end of July to see my Australian wife, currently i'm in Bulgaria (europe) studying. i have been to australia twice before on eVisitor 651 visa and we have Australian marriage certificate. Which visa should i apply for now to enter Australia ? the eVisitor 651 or subclass 600 visa? Also Which documents do i need to provide for the Travel exemption application? And what are my chances to get the travel exemption approved during these times ?

Please if anyone who has gone through this process recently do share your experience! 

// Thanks in advance 

7 hours ago, abe96 said:

Hi everyone. I would like to know if i could enter Australia at the end of July to see my Australian wife, currently i'm in Bulgaria (europe) studying. i have been to australia twice before on eVisitor 651 visa and we have Australian marriage certificate. Which visa should i apply for now to enter Australia ? the eVisitor 651 or subclass 600 visa? Also Which documents do i need to provide for the Travel exemption application? And what are my chances to get the travel exemption approved during these times ?

Please if anyone who has gone through this process recently do share your experience! 

// Thanks in advance 

Unless it's a necessity that you must travel to Australia, I don't think you can apply for a visitor visa at the moment, although if I am wrong, someone on here will correct.

Have you looked on the Home Affairs website, it will have Covid/travel restrictions into Australia information, including visas.

4 hours ago, Aussiebird said:

Unless it's a necessity that you must travel to Australia, I don't think you can apply for a visitor visa at the moment, although if I am wrong, someone on here will correct.

Have you looked on the Home Affairs website, it will have Covid/travel restrictions into Australia information, including visas.

Oh okay. but on the government website https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/departmental-forms/online-forms/covid19-enquiry-form 

Its mentioned that i could technically get en exemption because i'm an immediate family member (spouse) of an Australian citizen.

So i'm a bit confused , do i need a reason or being a spouse of AU citizen enough to get an exemption?

38 minutes ago, abe96 said:

Oh okay. but on the government website https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/departmental-forms/online-forms/covid19-enquiry-form 

Its mentioned that i could technically get en exemption because i'm an immediate family member (spouse) of an Australian citizen.

So i'm a bit confused , do i need a reason or being a spouse of AU citizen enough to get an exemption?

Being the spouse is your reason ... 

So now I'm confused again, even as a Citizen returning to live in Australia with my partner, who has a Partner Visa 309/100 giving him PR, we both still have to fill out the form on Home Affairs to be able to enter Australia?

So would we have to fill out section B.2 "People who cannot enter WA without receiving prior approval" Compassionate grounds or persons otherwise seeking approval to enter WA? It would appear we do not fit the sections in A on the form.  Sorry hope this makes sense?

5 hours ago, Aussiebird said:

So now I'm confused again, even as a Citizen returning to live in Australia with my partner, who has a Partner Visa 309/100 giving him PR, we both still have to fill out the form on Home Affairs to be able to enter Australia?

Why would you think that?   The person who started this thread is the spouse of a citizen but they don't have a partner visa, that's why they need to apply.

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/06/2020 at 00:31, abe96 said:

// Thanks in advance 

Hi, just wondering did you get your exemption approved? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/06/2020 at 16:07, RosieH11 said:

oh😞 hopefully you will hear soon, did you apply for 600 visa at the same time?  We just put in for my partners a couple of days ago 

Thanks a lot!

Did you get yours approved yet ? iam still waiting 😕