Quarantine in Brisbane

megan987

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, has anyone flown directly into Brisbane ? and if so, which airline please ?

As it stands at the moment, flights I've seen are landing in Sydney or Melbourne first, and I think that means that you have to do your quarantine period in the first state you land in, is that correct ?

Thanks.

8 hours ago, AliQ said:

As it stands at the moment, flights I've seen are landing in Sydney or Melbourne first, and I think that means that you have to do your quarantine period in the first state you land in, is that correct ?

Thanks.

Yes. Quarantine must be done in the state in which you land. Whether you have to quarantine again going interstate depends on the state. Currently if you land in Sydney, and quarantine there, you do not need to quarantine again in Brisbane.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, AliQ said:

Thanks.

Yes, that's right, and then you may need to quarantine again if you move to another state (and you may have to apply for permission to cross the border, too).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

Yes, that's right, and then you may need to quarantine again if you move to another state (and you may have to apply for permission to cross the border, too).

Just heard on the news this morning that Queensland intends to open it's borders on 10 July, although that is provisional at the moment.

Edited by Wanderer Returns
  • Like 2

I’m in quarantine in Perth, in a 4.5 star hote. I hate to break it to you, but it is definitely not like a plush hotel break...

There’s a facebook forum I’m on for people in quarantine. From what I can see, people seem to be either in a Brisbane CBD hotel, or quite a lot are bused up to the Voco in ?surfers paradise

You don’t get any prior notice of where you are going, until you’ve landed and are being processed by boded force. They seem to put each plane load in the same hotel.

Alos, I think QLD are planning on charging people for quarantine, but my understanding is thatif you booked your flight prior to the announcement you’re exempt ]. Hopefully you’re safe on this front 🙂

On 14/06/2020 at 08:17, AliQ said:

Thanks.

We’ve booked early August on Cathay via HK. Hoping these won’t be cancelled.

5 hours ago, Brizzie said:

We’ve booked early August on Cathay via HK. Hoping these won’t be cancelled.

That's good news Brizzie.

No update on our flight as yet, it's too early to say. We fly first week of August with Singapore Airlines, if it gets cancelled we'll re book with another airline as we have to go around that time.

Enjoy your flight 😊

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, AliQ said:

That's good news Brizzie.

No update on our flight as yet, it's too early to say. We fly first week of August with Singapore Airlines, if it gets cancelled we'll re book with another airline as we have to go around that time.

Enjoy your flight 😊

Thanks AliQ.  Our previous flights were ba and qf via hk. Even though qf cancelled International flights, it was blood out of a stone for travel agent (or BA? not sure) to agree the flights were cancelled. They couldn’t deny it and we at least had some notice given after we chased. Travel agent trying to get refund from BA.  Apparently.
I don’t know if these new flights will go ahead.

Fingers crossed for us all trying to get home, or to a new home.  

• Like 1