186 Direct entry

Hello everyone! 

My partner is an Electrician (457 granted two years ago in May 2018 when the 482 started) we are looking for our options to apply for the PR as soon as we can.
We would like to apply for the direct stream before the end of the year as my partner has his full licence and skill assessment already and more than 3 years experiences. Do you know how long the employer nomination takes since the covid situation ? Are the informations provided by the government website clear enough to apply by ourselves? We will need to pay for the full process as my partner’s employee will not, every $ saved will be highly appreciate !
Any advices or recommendations? 

Thanks a lot for your help 🙂

Salomé

4 hours ago, Salomé said:

Are the informations provided by the government website clear enough to apply by ourselves? We will need to pay for the full process as my partner’s employee will not, every $ saved will be highly appreciate !

For the 186, there are costs the employer has to pay and it is illegal for them to make the employee pay them.    It will be absolutely essential for the employer to hire an agent to do their part of the process, because it is too complex for them to do alone.   Your partner's side of the application is much simpler and he may choose to do it himself, but it will not be expensive to use an agent for peace of mind.