The end???

Aussiebird

Although we mentioned our future plans to our parents last year, I think it was April, we have today told them Visa was granted in February and our house is going up for sale tomorrow,  so it's  a relief to have that off our chest, we can now concentrate on our progress one step at a time.

Xx

• 3 weeks later...

If you want to sell your house then I’d get it on the market asap as apparently it’s having a little health boom (before the inevitable bust) as people needing to find a property are keen to move forward. I put my mum and dad’s old house on, and much to my huge surprise, it sold in 5 days, at a good price.

It’s normal to have these wobbles when moving nearer to move date. I’m sure COVID makes it a little worse thoug. Good luck with everything 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Flossy82 said:

If you want to sell your house then I’d get it on the market asap as apparently it’s having a little health boom (before the inevitable bust) as people needing to find a property are keen to move forward. I put my mum and dad’s old house on, and much to my huge surprise, it sold in 5 days, at a good price.

It’s normal to have these wobbles when moving nearer to move date. I’m sure COVID makes it a little worse thoug. Good luck with everything 

It has been on the market now for 12 days, no interest so far.  So many properties are popping up on the market so probably great for buyers but with more to choose from, it's going to be tough, we will see the listing through till the end of the contract, if no buyer, then may re think and wait till next year, it's just pot luck i think if we sell during these difficult times.

We may not have to quarantine if we sell next year if the WA border has reopened to international arrivals.

There is hope I suppose.

Well all the best of luck for a buyer.

Quarantine isn’t great, but I wouldn’t avoid coming in solely based in it. At least it’s only 14 days.

It’s very unlikely the Australian borders will open before 2021 (though you can come in sooner if you have PR) and it wouldn’t overly surprise me if it was further into 2021. Also bear in mind that the WA government are taking an even stricter line on COVID and have point blank refused to open the state borders despite Scott Morrison’s requests

It's tough this isn't it?  We were supposed to move in August, house sale fell through and we are not on the market at the moment.  Main concern is quitting a well paid job to move to a questionable economy.  A house similar to hours round the corner went on the market last week, so will be interested to see how that goes.

We have 3 years 4 months before the travel portion of my PR expires.  It's the being in limbo which does your head in.

8 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

It's tough this isn't it?  We were supposed to move in August, house sale fell through and we are not on the market at the moment.  Main concern is quitting a well paid job to move to a questionable economy.  A house similar to hours round the corner went on the market last week, so will be interested to see how that goes.

We have 3 years 4 months before the travel portion of my PR expires.  It's the being in limbo which does your head in.

It's very tough and a waiting game.  We have got our first viewing this afternoon, but not getting excited, i dont want to get my hopes up.  

We just want to get going, once in Australia we can then take things as they come.

I fear if staying in UK to see if things improve with the economy, housing market, and things do get really bad, then we risk staying for much longer and may never make the move, so its now or never so to speak!! The quarantine doesn't phase us as its what it is, at least we would be in Australia. 

Xx

27 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Is there ever a good time to take a leap of faith?

What is to say you will still have your job here in a few months time!

At the end of the day we are all taking a big chance (hopefully calculated) and we don't know what the future holds for us here in the UK or Australia.

I think all you can do is do what feels right at the time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lavers said:

At the end of the day we are all taking a big chance (hopefully calculated) and we don't know what the future holds for us here in the UK or Australia.

Well that was a waist of time, no show for our first viewing, absolutely fuming!!

Especially getting house and garden ready in this heat!!!

They didnt even tell the agent they weren't coming and the agent can't get hold of them either!

😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Lavers said:

Well If I don't have my job I will have a bloody big cheque, so that would actually help!  Not likley to happen unfortunately.

When we get out heads around going back on the market we might do it this year.

1 hour ago, Aussiebird said:

Well that was a waist of time, no show for our first viewing, absolutely fuming!!

Especially getting house and garden ready in this heat!!!

They didnt even tell the agent they weren't coming and the agent can't get hold of them either!

😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

Gutted....nothing worse than spending your time sorting the house out for that to happen.