Recommendations for international removals for boxes only

NatS259

Hello,

Patiently awaiting the grant of my Mums parent visa! She is moving house in the UK for the short term so a perfect opportunity to start packing for an international move.

She won’t be bringing any furniture to Australia, just a number of boxes of personal items (photos, ornaments, some clothing etc) 

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced and easy to liaise with company, we’ll look to get the boxes so she can pack them and get them on their merry way via sea (no rush and will be a lot cheaper I imagine)

Thanks in advance

Nat

Seven Seas is probably the best option.  You can send them as individual boxes, get a quote here:

https://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/GetQuote

However, if she has more than two or three, you'll be more economical to get one of their Movecubes.  There are three different sizes depending on your needs. You pay for the Movecube by size, not by the number of boxes. 

https://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/moving/movecube

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/06/2020 at 13:14, Marisawright said:

Seven Seas is probably the best option.  You can send them as individual boxes, get a quote here:

https://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/GetQuote

However, if she has more than two or three, you'll be more economical to get one of their Movecubes.  There are three different sizes depending on your needs. You pay for the Movecube by size, not by the number of boxes. 

https://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/moving/movecube

Thank you!

I second the idea of the MoveCube - we found Seven Seas excellent to deal with and the Cube was perfect for what we wanted.  They even rocked up with a starter pack when they checked the access to site.  It wont sound cheap but it really is very good value (no affiliation etc etc)

Edited by Quoll

• 1 year later...
45 minutes ago, Flangela100 said:

Hi I need to get 4 cubic metres of boxes from the UK to Australia.  I wonder if anyone has recently used Seven Seas MoveCubes? If so was it a good experience?

You’ve really got no sensible alternative for that quantity. Lots of members have used them 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Flangela100 said:

Hi I need to get 4 cubic metres of boxes from the UK to Australia.  I wonder if anyone has recently used Seven Seas MoveCubes? If so was it a good experience?

Very positive experience. They were well organised and helpful. Would happily use them again.

• Thanks 1

We are in the  process of using seven seas. The 

On 03/06/2020 at 01:43, NatS259 said:

Hello,

Patiently awaiting the grant of my Mums parent visa! She is moving house in the UK for the short term so a perfect opportunity to start packing for an international move.

She won’t be bringing any furniture to Australia, just a number of boxes of personal items (photos, ornaments, some clothing etc) 

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced and easy to liaise with company, we’ll look to get the boxes so she can pack them and get them on their merry way via sea (no rush and will be a lot cheaper I imagine)

Thanks in advance

Nat

Hi. We are currently using seven seas and there movecube. The ship left last week to begin the journey. We went for a large movecube and so far the experience has been good. Easy to organise and the online portal I easy to navigate. The appointments and time frames they give you are very good and arrived on time for all of them. 

The price is very reasonable aswell. I would deffiently recommend them for our move so far. 

On 24/06/2020 at 22:03, NatS259 said:

Thank you!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chris 2020 oz said:

Hi. We are currently using seven seas and there movecube. The ship left last week to begin the journey. We went for a large movecube and so far the experience has been good. Easy to organise and the online portal I easy to navigate. The appointments and time frames they give you are very good and arrived on time for all of them. 

The price is very reasonable aswell. I would deffiently recommend them for our move so far. 

You’ll be able to track your ship too - we thought that was great fun! 

• Haha 1

On 07/08/2021 at 13:13, Chris 2020 oz said:

How far in advance did you have to quote/book the movecube? Glad to hear you've had a good experience so far. 

On 14/08/2021 at 10:52, Chris 2020 oz said:

We called about 6 weeks before to get the quote and ask some questions. 

Thanks, we are about that far away from needing them.

Have they confirmed shipping will take 8 to 12 weeks roughly? I've heard there are huge delays due to shortages of shipping containers globally so wondered if this impacted on MoveCubes and shipping personal items.

Hi, just seen this thread.  We moved in the other direction with our belongings packed up on March 15th as a part load in Melbourne.  We were quoted 10  - 16 weeks.  We arrived back in the UK on May 1st.  Our container didn’t even leave Melbourne until June 21st and we have had several emails with estimated arrival dates.  The last one gave August 30th as estimated arrival into London.  Congested ports and lack of truck drivers have been given as reasons for the delay. 😥

On 17/08/2021 at 14:56, bicek said:

Thanks, we are about that far away from needing them.

Have they confirmed shipping will take 8 to 12 weeks roughly? I've heard there are huge delays due to shortages of shipping containers globally so wondered if this impacted on MoveCubes and shipping personal items.

Shortly after being picked up it was on its way. We have had an extra 2 weeks added to the journey however. Due to a stop in China I belive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help. I'm interested to know how detailed the inventory list was when you sent boxes of stuff to Australia visa Seven Seas, please.

For instance, with a box of clothes, does the list have to state exactly what items are in it or is box of ladies clothes enough?

Thanks for any help Angela

13 hours ago, Flangela100 said:

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help. I'm interested to know how detailed the inventory list was when you sent boxes of stuff to Australia visa Seven Seas, please.

For instance, with a box of clothes, does the list have to state exactly what items are in it or is box of ladies clothes enough?

Thanks for any help Angela

I just put ladies clothes and that was good enough 

• 1 month later...