190 processing time decreases to 5 months

2 hours ago, Domo said:

Must be the priority occupations receiving Grants in weeks if not days, which is driving down the processing time. Immitracker suggests the DHA is on 190 cases/applications from October to November 

How do you access this section of immitracker? I'm registered, but haven't seen that part. Thanks.

35 minutes ago, paulhand said:

Yes

Hi Paul, 

Do you know what occupation been approved for offshore? 
I have applied 8th October 2019. But haven’t got any responses.

I am living onshore now. I went offshore to apply to satisfy schedule 3. 

36 minutes ago, Eagle2020 said:

491? Been waiting since 10th march

It really isn't essential to speed up processing 491 visas at present, as even if granted as they give provisional residency and not permanent residency you can't actually use it. 

I expect they have switched people to processing onshore and permanent visas whilst the travel restrictions are in place (but I could very well be wrong)

• Like 1

On 02/06/2020 at 02:13, DukeNinja said:

How do you access this section of immitracker? I'm registered, but haven't seen that part. Thanks.

Based on application date after invite. If you look at last CO contact date, and which 190s and 189s have been approved, you'll notice that a majority are within a similar time frame. I.e. most applications from Sept/Oct have recieved CO contact. So you can assume that the DHA is focusing on cases from that period of time. That's the basis of my analysis, I could be wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

You could be right, I lodged my 190 application 5 Sept 2019, got a case officer contact 14 March 2020, sent the required documents before end of March, no response upto now. When I check my immi account, it only states “ Further Assessment”. Which means case officer is currently assessing the docs sent. Keeping my fingers crossed. 

I tried calling several times now. All they said was that the processing time only indicates how long it takes to finalise 75% and 90% of cases globally. Unfortunately, the 10% left just have to wait to be contacted.

18 hours ago, DukeNinja said:

Surely if the processing times are now 5-7 months, one is entitled to ask for an update if your application has exceeded that time frame?

You are entitled to ask for an update anytime you want. Whether they decide to acknowledge your request, or answer it with anything other than "Just Wait!" is entirely up to the them

If you are way over date (months) it is worth a quick email. Otherwise I'd just wait, you will only slow the process down.

If it works anything like any other case handling process, each time you "communicate" it drops the "time since last contact" back down to zero, making another case a bigger priority than yours as there has been no contact for longer.

On 25/06/2020 at 19:04, Ausvisitor said:

You are entitled to ask for an update anytime you want. Whether they decide to acknowledge your request, or answer it with anything other than "Just Wait!" is entirely up to the them

If you are way over date (months) it is worth a quick email. Otherwise I'd just wait, you will only slow the process down.

If it works anything like any other case handling process, each time you "communicate" it drops the "time since last contact" back down to zero, making another case a bigger priority than yours as there has been no contact for longer.

Well a friend of mine applied at the end of Jan, and it still says "application received", so not sure if that's the case most of the time.