Global Migrate company

Maria18

Hi

I am wondering if anyone has used the company Global Migrate to help with their visa application? Today I had a consultation and we have decided to begin the application process.

Thank you in advance for any information!

A quick note to anyone thinking about using an agent to help them with their migration application (it applies to the OP but applies to everyone else also)

Using a migration agent is in my mind an essential addition to your migration process (it isn't mandatory, but given the enormous sums of money this migration will end up costing its best to be advised by soemone who does this many times every year rather than piecing it together from a bunch of amateurs who have done it once).

The only people governed and "kept-in-line" by the Australian immigration authorities are those that are MARA registered, there is nothing to stop others saying they are an agent that can help you, but only MARA agents are bound by the expectations of the immigration department (and they need validate their credntials frequently).

This leads to an imbalance, unregistered agents can say what they want, where as registered agents have to give you an unsweetened view of your chances. This means if you have a mix of MARA and non-MARA agents in your initial "icebreaker" consultations you will invariably come away with a warmer feeling from the non-MARA ones; whereas the most likely outcome was probably given to you by a MARA agent.

By all means interview/consult a few agents to determine who you want to work with for the next 18 months (you are going to talk/email them a lot) but make sure all your options are MARA registered before even starting the initial chats

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ausvisitor said:

A quick note to anyone thinking about using an agent to help them with their migration application (it applies to the OP but applies to everyone else also)

Using a migration agent is in my mind an essential addition to your migration process (it isn't mandatory, but given the enormous sums of money this migration will end up costing its best to be advised by soemone who does this many times every year rather than piecing it together from a bunch of amateurs who have done it once).

The only people governed and "kept-in-line" by the Australian immigration authorities are those that are MARA registered, there is nothing to stop others saying they are an agent that can help you, but only MARA agents are bound by the expectations of the immigration department (and they need validate their credntials frequently).

This leads to an imbalance, unregistered agents can say what they want, where as registered agents have to give you an unsweetened view of your chances. This means if you have a mix of MARA and non-MARA agents in your initial "icebreaker" consultations you will invariably come away with a warmer feeling from the non-MARA ones; whereas the most likely outcome was probably given to you by a MARA agent.

By all means interview/consult a few agents to determine who you want to work with for the next 18 months (you are going to talk/email them a lot) but make sure all your options are MARA registered before even starting the initial chats

Really good advice. Further, I would add that you should be sure you are actually speaking with and taking advice from a MARA Registered Agent, and not simply one of the team. Just because there is a MARA logo on the website, it does not necessarily mean a Registered Agent is in the office. Most good agents have details of themselves (and sometimes photos) on their websites, and they are available for a quick chat or a consultation. If the Registered Agent's name is not on the website or he/she is never in the office, ask the question, or perhaps keep looking. Over the years there have been many such 'agencies', so it pays to be thorough. 

The following appears on my website pinoyau.com under NEWS and in all my service agreemets:

WARNING

The OMARA is an essentially useless office that is part of the Department of Home Affairs and I have told them so repeatedly. With the stroke of a pen the minister can terminate them all as easily as s/he can terminate a perfectly valid visa application. The OMARA can do nothing about unregistered agents overseas or parliamentarians or Department of Home Affairs officers who give, often incorrect, migration advice in Australia, or education agents who give catastrophically incorrect migration advice under the table. About all the OMARA can do, having received a complaint, is haul a registered migration agent over the coals - after the event. They cannot order repayment of money lost. They can do nothing when the minister (The Terminator) changes the rules in the middle of the game or one of his delegates or ‘designated authorities’ bungles your case. By the way, the ‘average fee’ misinformation published by the OMARA is just that.

On 02/06/2020 at 00:37, Maria18 said:

Hi

I am wondering if anyone has used the company Global Migrate to help with their visa application? Today I had a consultation and we have decided to begin the application process.

Thank you in advance for any information!

Hi,

I can only advise you DO NOT USE GLOBAL MIGRATE....!

Great website, sales pitch and payment terms. However once the money is taken they don't care.

I experienced so many issues it would take all day to type the email and  to cut a long story short it would appear they are not even authorised/approved to act as an agent for Australian visa applications.

Once I started to investigate further I soon discovered countless court cases etc against them.  I only have myself to blame as I should have researched them before signing the contract.

I just hope others don't get caught out by them.

Feel free to contact me for further information as I'm sure my personal thoughts should not be published on this forum.

Edited by Neill
additional info added.