Do all application must be same place while loging visa 143?

Hi everyone

i am new here in the forum. I am just got question if anyone can help.

i am planning to log parent sponsor visa for my parent and my brother in this month.my parent curently are in australia, however, my brother is outside. I heard   if applying either onshore or offshore, all person include main application need to be a same location ( inside or out side australia). So, i am just wondering if this information is right? And due to corona virus, there is no flight at all, so it is posible if i can log off shore application that include my brother.

every one has any recommendation, it would be appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Kevintran said:

Hi everyone

i am new here in the forum. I am just got question if anyone can help.

i am planning to log parent sponsor visa for my parent and my brother in this month.my parent curently are in australia, however, my brother is outside. I heard   if applying either onshore or offshore, all person include main application need to be a same location ( inside or out side australia). So, i am just wondering if this information is right? And due to corona virus, there is no flight at all, so it is posible if i can log off shore application that include my brother.

every one has any recommendation, it would be appreciated. 

I don’t know the answer to your question but assume your brother is dependant on your parents? How old is he?

1 hour ago, Kevintran said:

Thank Tulip, he is 17 and turning to 18 by november this year. 

It’s probably too late for him to be on the application then unfortunately. He will need to be under 23 and dependant on his parents when the visa is granted and the wait time for the 143 visa is now in excess of 6 years, nearer to 8.  

Edited by Tulip1

3 hours ago, Kevintran said:

Well, thats sad.  i though only 4 years, so its enough tine for him. Thanks for your infor. 

Sadly not. The queue has gone mad. I’m well over three years into it and still have about two years to go. Since I applied, the numbers have risen far more and it’s now looking nearer to eight years for grant.  You’re not alone, many are finding the dependant won’t qualify by the time the parents get near the end. 

On 28/05/2020 at 21:07, Tulip1 said:

Sadly not. The queue has gone mad. I’m well over three years into it and still have about two years to go. Since I applied, the numbers have risen far more and it’s now looking nearer to eight years for grant.  You’re not alone, many are finding the dependant won’t qualify by the time the parents get near the end. 

Just out of curiosity - what happens to these applications? Do the parents get through and the sibling doesn't? 

3 minutes ago, Arti said:

Just out of curiosity - what happens to these applications? Do the parents get through and the sibling doesn't? 

I’m not sure to be honest. With many applications it’s one fail and they all fail but I don’t know about this one.  I would assume the parents still get it but the sibling wouldn’t. I would imagine many parents in that situation would back out rather than move leaving one behind that they knew couldn’t get a visa.  I think it will be a problem for a lot of people who perhaps thought they would squeeze in just in time, only for queues to rapidly increase and it’s too late.