888 processing time

• 7 months later...
On 26/05/2020 at 23:49, Alex Nez said:

Hi all,

I lodged my 888 visa application around 6 months ago. Recently there have been speculations that due to the outbreak onshore visas are also experiencing big processing delays. Does anyone have any info or guesses?

Hi Alex,

May I ask if you're still waiting for your 888 visa? We applied about 6 months ago and was expecting 12 months processing time. Now the government website says 23-24 months.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/global-visa-processing-times#

• 2 months later...
On 05/01/2021 at 21:40, Leni W said:

Hi Alex,

May I ask if you're still waiting for your 888 visa? We applied about 6 months ago and was expecting 12 months processing time. Now the government website says 23-24 months.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/global-visa-processing-times#

Hi Alex and Leni,

have you got any updates about your visa? I’m waiting for mine. I lodged my application on April, 2020. Almost an year now? If you have any information regarding this visa please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/01/2021 at 21:40, Leni W said:

Hi Alex,

Hi Leni,

may I ask if you are still waiting to your visa? I applied mine an year ago. But no any reply from them yet. It’s frustrating 😞

• 1 month later...

Hi...I've applied for my 888a 14 months ago.. still no news...after reading all the chats above looks like I have to still keep waiting!!!

Anyone here received any new goods on the visa grant ? Thank you all n stay safe

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/05/2021 at 14:46, Alex Nez said:

Immiaccount displays 20-24 months, which I hope is an overestimation.

Hi Alex,

Are you currently on a 188b visa? I am curious to understand at what stage of your 188 visa did you apply for your 888? My 188 visa is valid for 4 years and 3 months. I plan to apply when there’s 6 months left on my 188 visa. However, if the 888 processing time is 24 months, would I be required to exit the country during the waiting period? Or is there a bridging visa?

14 hours ago, DJT said:

Hi Alex,

Are you currently on a 188b visa? I am curious to understand at what stage of your 188 visa did you apply for your 888? My 188 visa is valid for 4 years and 3 months. I plan to apply when there’s 6 months left on my 188 visa. However, if the 888 processing time is 24 months, would I be required to exit the country during the waiting period? Or is there a bridging visa?

HI DT

You need to have held your designated investment for at last 4 years before the 888 can be granted. Note this is not from date of visa grant but the date the investment was made as evidenced by your investment conformation from State or Territory. If you apply early, say prior to the mandatory minimum four years, and processing is very quick, you run the risk of refusal so that is water down the drain. I would exercise extreme caution in basing the timing of lodgement of your 888 application based on historical processing times. For example I have witnessed some SIV applications which were taking 12-18 months to process, now taking 2-3 months. If you take the risk and lodge prior to 4 years, and your 188b expires prior to 888 being decided, you would be on a Bridging Visa A.

It is a little known fact that when you apply for the 888, you are simultaneously applying for a Bridging Visa. It just happens by default!

8 hours ago, Steve Elliott said:

HI DT

You need to have held your designated investment for at last 4 years before the 888 can be granted. Note this is not from date of visa grant but the date the investment was made as evidenced by your investment conformation from State or Territory. If you apply early, say prior to the mandatory minimum four years, and processing is very quick, you run the risk of refusal so that is water down the drain. I would exercise extreme caution in basing the timing of lodgement of your 888 application based on historical processing times. For example I have witnessed some SIV applications which were taking 12-18 months to process, now taking 2-3 months. If you take the risk and lodge prior to 4 years, and your 188b expires prior to 888 being decided, you would be on a Bridging Visa A.

It is a little known fact that when you apply for the 888, you are simultaneously applying for a Bridging Visa. It just happens by default!

Thanks you for the detail. This is super informative, Steve. I will also check out the link you have posted in another thread and reach out to you once I have found my groove in Melb. 

Cheers,

DJT

13 hours ago, DJT said:

Thanks you for the detail. This is super informative, Steve. I will also check out the link you have posted in another thread and reach out to you once I have found my groove in Melb. 

Cheers,

DJT

Hi DJT

I spoke to a colleague last night. She does a lot of business visas and she concurred that she advises all clients not to apply for the 888, before they have held the investment for the minimum period for grant. Processing times are certainly accelerating at a rapid speed at the moment.

Just reach out when you are ready.

Hi,

Pls look at the recent FOIs published on 888 processing times. It is not accelerating at all; at present, it’s the slowest in history. FOIs show that the processing time for 888 is now anywhere between 20 and 24 months.

Alex