Is there a way to contact case officer?

Hi guys, thanks for clicking in.

In November 2019 I received an email from no.reply.gsm.allocated@homeaffairs.gov.au to ask me to upload additional documents in immiaccount, and my status in immi is "further assessment", and I haven't heard any news till now,

in the email there is no email address, only a name and position number, I have phoned homeaffairs for countless time but they just told me to wait.

I sent emails to gsm.allocated@homeaffairs.gov.au and skilled.support@homeaffairs.gov.au but only got auto reply.

I really want to get in touch with CO to see what is going on with my application but don't know how.

Any help would be highly appreciated, Thank you, wish you all have a speedy successful timeline.

Further assessment means its probably out of the CO's hands until they receive some information back from whatever offshore office is confirming the documents they requested. 

Your CO requests the docs from you, the CO sends them to the Overseas Post, London for example, that then sits in that queue and is allocated to the UK staff member to be allocated that job, they will then complete that task, for example if you needed to upload proof of experience for example, they would be allocated a task to confirm that experience with your employer and provide your CO with detailed report. 

Then your CO will receive that job back and finialise your application (quite quickly as it clears their queue) 

The issue is, it could be in the overseas Post queue a year maybe 18 months before its picked up, it really does depend on what the further assessment is, so even if you did manage to speak with your CO, the best they would say is that your application is still processing, they cannot and will not state anything else as it could mean if someone was lying, they would know to cancel the application before the decision was made. 

Unfortunately all you can do is wait, I waited 18 months for my further assessment to be completed. 

8 hours ago, Samson said:

Further assessment means its probably out of the CO's hands until they receive some information back from whatever offshore office is confirming the documents they requested. 

Your CO requests the docs from you, the CO sends them to the Overseas Post, London for example, that then sits in that queue and is allocated to the UK staff member to be allocated that job, they will then complete that task, for example if you needed to upload proof of experience for example, they would be allocated a task to confirm that experience with your employer and provide your CO with detailed report. 

Then your CO will receive that job back and finialise your application (quite quickly as it clears their queue) 

The issue is, it could be in the overseas Post queue a year maybe 18 months before its picked up, it really does depend on what the further assessment is, so even if you did manage to speak with your CO, the best they would say is that your application is still processing, they cannot and will not state anything else as it could mean if someone was lying, they would know to cancel the application before the decision was made. 

Unfortunately all you can do is wait, I waited 18 months for my further assessment to be completed. 

Thank you for your detailed explanation, really appreciated, that looks like much complicated than I thought.

14 hours ago, Samson said:

What about a CO asks a document from your employer and employer provides very next day.

And it still stuck in further assessment from ages?

14 hours ago, Samson said:

This is not what it means. ‘Further assessment’ means the requested documents have been supplied by the applicant and will be assessed by whichever office requested them. Sometimes this is done quickly, sometimes it is not.

There really is no point in trying to chase up a ‘progress report’ unless you are well outside the quoted processing times as a) you won’t get one and b) you’re just wasting the Department’s time and slowing everything down. Patience is the only option here. 

• Like 1