Sheet metal trade worker technical interview

Vishwas

Hello 

I have applied for skill assessment as a sheet metal trade worker in VETASSESS and 1st stage of assessment (documents verification) is completed. Now I have stage 2nd assessment (technical interview) and I want some guidance, how to prepare for that interview. 
I really appreciate if someone can help me for that or can share contact who can help me to prepare for this stage 2( technical interview).  

Thanks

On 23/05/2020 at 06:43, Vishwas said:

Hello 

I have applied for skill assessment as a sheet metal trade worker in VETASSESS and 1st stage of assessment (documents verification) is completed. Now I have stage 2nd assessment (technical interview) and I want some guidance, how to prepare for that interview. 
I really appreciate if someone can help me for that or can share contact who can help me to prepare for this stage 2( technical interview).  

Thanks

Hi Vishwas

Search this

Metal fabricator technical interview

and look for a post by me and it shows what I did when I did my interview last year.

• 1 year later...
On 25/05/2020 at 07:25, Lavers said:

Hi Vishwas

Search this

and look for a post by me and it shows what I did when I did my interview last year.

On 25/05/2020 at 07:25, Lavers said:

Hi Vishwas

Search this

Where we need to search it.  Didn’t get it could you tell me please 

Hi lavers i have a technical interview for sheet metal trade worker in 7-8 week. For preparation what should i do. I just have practical knowledge. Nothing much about welding and theory of drawing   How i can prepare my self.  Could you help me. What i need to read. 

59 minutes ago, Labh said:

Hi lavers i have a technical interview for sheet metal trade worker in 7-8 week. For preparation what should i do. I just have practical knowledge. Nothing much about welding and theory of drawing   How i can prepare my self.  Could you help me. What i need to read. 

On 29/06/2021 at 15:04, Vishwas said:

If you look at the link I've put on further up in the chat, that will give you an idea.

Also in that chat Enam has put on a couple of links which show some other topics which can come up.

As long as you have worked in the trade you should be fine.

Good luck

Edited by Lavers

Have you passed the other part of the skill assessment then (submitting evidence)?

Just have a look through the stuff which I mentioned and you will see that some of it is very basic things.

They asked alot about workshop health & safety and also about planning jobs etc.

If you haven't done much welding just mention it and give it a go.

They can ask you anything but I would have thought that welding will come up.

Are you OK with pattern development, because they could ask on that also.

Thnks for reply lavers. You are very kind buddy yeah my evidence is done and successful now i paid my second one also. May be within 8-10 weeks i will be doing that.  I have time to read or preapre my self whatever you mentioned.  What u think. Is it easy to prepare. With this time frame.  If person dont know about anything instead of Duct. Work 

They aren't trying to fail you in the interview, they just need to makesure that you do sheetmetal as a job.

Sheetmetal covers a wide range of skills so I wouldn't have thought that you are the 1st person who hasn't done any welding.

Just look over what I've said and try and remember the basics.

If you've been able to get the 1st part of the skill assessment passed off then you should be fine in the interview.

Hey Labh 

Everything said by Lavers is true.. even as he described his experience in that link, became very helpful to me. I have found some of the videos and PDF files which are very helpful to me for preparation. 

thanks again Lavers