and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Jamie Houghton

187 Visa, Location Change due to Partner

Hi All, 

Hope you are all well? 

Looking for some advice it possible. Hold a 187 RSMS Permanent Visa (as of September 2019). Still with same employer and happy. I brought my de-facto partner onto the visa with me. We reside in Bundaberg currently, but my role see's me supporting business' all over Australia (mainly regional). 

My partner has been offered a new role which means we would need to relocate closer to Brisbane. This is ok, as I tend to work from home and my employer is Ok with the move. 

My concern is, as the obligations of RSMS visa sit with me, as I am the primary applicant, and I had to agree to work in a regional location... do I actually have to RESIDE in a regional area? Or, is it OK to live in a metro area and continue my current roll supporting regional Business? Or, is this likely to cause complications concerning visa? 

I know on a 186 visa it doesn't necessarily matter, but 187 visa holds more specific obligations, so I just want to ensure there's nothing likely to cause a problem if we opt to move if my partner accepts this role. 

TIA. 

Ours definitely said work and live in regional area.  Check your grant letter and check the relevant regional areas for the 187. 

• Thanks 1

So many wineries ......so little time :yes: