Points for PhD clarification

Hello,

I just need a clarification regarding my submitted EOI for 189 visa application.
I am a PhD graduate from Deakin University, Australia. My program was a full time study but was a collaborative program between an Indian institute and Deakin University, Australia. I was at Chennai,India for 3 years during my PhD and last one year I spent at Deakin University. 
When I sent my skill assessment to Engineers Australia for assessment (233914 Engineering technologist) I was given a outcome letter saying Bachelor's is my highest AQF. Looks like my master's degree was not suitable for that stream that I applied to.  I am just wondering if I will be getting only 15 points with regard to educational qualification for this case or 20 points because of PhD. I have not claimed Australian study requirement because of this reason.

Could anyone please clarify.

18 hours ago, rajiraguraman said:

Hello,

I just need a clarification regarding my submitted EOI for 189 visa application.
I am a PhD graduate from Deakin University, Australia. My program was a full time study but was a collaborative program between an Indian institute and Deakin University, Australia. I was at Chennai,India for 3 years during my PhD and last one year I spent at Deakin University. 
When I sent my skill assessment to Engineers Australia for assessment (233914 Engineering technologist) I was given a outcome letter saying Bachelor's is my highest AQF. Looks like my master's degree was not suitable for that stream that I applied to.  I am just wondering if I will be getting only 15 points with regard to educational qualification for this case or 20 points because of PhD. I have not claimed Australian study requirement because of this reason.

Could anyone please clarify.

You can still claim point for your highest qualification, even though if it is not related to your occupation