Holiday visa

Tiamilo

Hi, My friends MIL came across to Australia for a 3 month holiday to visit them before flights were cancelled. She was due to fly this week but her flight has been put back to the beginning of July. Her visa is about to run out but she is struggling to get any information about what she needs to do. Airline is no help and Australian and British embassy is all online and you can't speak to anyone in person. Surely she is not the only person in this position. Who does she need to contact or what does she need to do please. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you.

Tough one but if she has really tried, can't get any help and her flights are out of her control I wouls stop worrying about it and try and enjoy the rest of her time here. What are they going to do? Deport her.

I doubt that anyone will be too concerned when she gets the chance to go back. She's probably safer here too.

2 minutes ago, Tiamilo said:

They have tried all the sites mentioned but it keeps throwing her off and won't let her apply for a bridging visa! If they get through to anyone on a phone they say they can't help. 

She can’t get a bridging visa. She just needs to apply for a new tourist visa

2 hours ago, Tiamilo said:

They have tried all the sites mentioned but it keeps throwing her off and won't let her apply for a bridging visa! If they get through to anyone on a phone they say they can't help. 

There is only one site. The official government one that people have linked to. 

She needs to apply for a new tourist visa, she will then be granted a bridging visa once her current visa expires. That will last until the new one is decided. She does not apply for the bridging visa only for a tourist visa. 

If she has more problems contact an registered migration agent , not the "official hotline"

She needs to create an immi account on the gov website you have links for above.  Then she need to apply for a visit visa 600 onshore option. Costs $365 I think.  She can only do this if her current visa does not have a no further stay condition imposed.  If she lodges before her current visa expires then she will be granted a bridging visa to keep her here until a decision is made on the 600 visa.

If she is having difficulties she should contact a registered agent for help.  Several post on here.