help with options

Lori

Sorry,,, Long post.... I'm a 25 year old female from the UK currently working as a Veterinary Care Assistant, previously a zookeeper for 6 years. 

So, I've been looking at the process for moving to Australia for a while now. My sister is a citizen and my parents have applied for their contributory parent visa. I've been in contact with DUC who said that I could have got in as a zookeeper- I thought that was great and was super excited... until I realised that for the SA state requirements I had to have had 12 months experience in the last 3 years rather than 5 years(what the skills assessment requires) and in May of this year I'd officially been out of the job for 3 years. Ideally, I'd like to go out, do my vet nursing and then either get into zookeeping again or into wildlife/zoo vet nursing. Theres a vet nurse course I could do in Australia- but its online and it can't be completed in the UK because in the UK you can only register as a student vet nurse from authorised institutions and they're all UK based. What I'm wondering/hoping is: If I were to go to Australia on a WHV, could I study that course since its all online? I'm aware that I can't study online on a student visa and can't do it in the uk so, I don't know what other options I have to do that course??? 

Alternatively, if I could find an on campus course, im worried I wouldn't be accepted for a student visa as I would have no reason to go back home once finishing (sister, niece and parents all in Australia) do you think if I were to apply for a student visa before my parents got into Australia I would be granted the visa?

and if not... does anyone have any other ways other than just going on a 3 year WHV and hoping I get lucky and meet someone like my sister did... 

I hope someone can help.. thanks in advance! <3

The problem with a student visa is that the fees are very high.  

8 hours ago, Lori said:

Theres a vet nurse course I could do in Australia- but its online and it can't be completed in the UK because in the UK you can only register as a student vet nurse from authorised institutions and they're all UK based.

How long ago did your parents apply for their visa?   Parents who applied in 2016 are just getting their visas approved now (i.e. a 4 year wait).   The queue just keeps getting longer - anyone who applied this year is facing an 8 to 10 year wait.  

Besides, everything is on hold due to the coronavirus.   Unless you're a citizen or a permanent resident, you need special permission to enter Australia.   Immediate family members can get an exemption but you need a compelling reason, and I don't think a course of study would count as a compelling reason.    Those restrictions will definitely stay in place till September, and probably much longer - the government has told us, several times, that the international travel ban will be the very last restriction to be lifted.  

So I'd say you have at least a year, and probably longer, to take steps in the UK to improve your chances. The obvious step would be to try to get back into zookeeping.