Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Marisawright

Covid 19 - was Australia's strategy right?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Bulya said:

He did neither.  JobSeeker is Newstart renamed.    JobKeeper was put together by Greg Combet and Sally McManus, sold to Porter and Treasury and Morrison was dragged along, reluctantly I might add.  .  

JobSeeker payment has been doubled. This was done very quickly by Morrison and Freydenberg with Assets test and other usual criteria removed (waiting periods etc).

They really acted very quickly. They have done a great job. 


I want it all, and I want it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Parley said:

JobSeeker payment has been doubled. This was done very quickly by Morrison and Freydenberg with Assets test and other usual criteria removed (waiting periods etc).

They really acted very quickly. They have done a great job. 

He was pushed.  It took a lot of pushing I can assure you.  300,000 applications still unprocessed, and some haven’t seen a cent since February.  Could say more but it’s internal stuff 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bulya said:

He was pushed.  It took a lot of pushing I can assure you.  300,000 applications still unprocessed, and some haven’t seen a cent since February.  Could say more but it’s internal stuff 

Hard to believe. Mine was approved within 1 week back in March. They have been very generous I think.


I want it all, and I want it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still rather live here than other alternatives except perhaps NZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Parley said:

Hard to believe. Mine was approved within 1 week back in March. They have been very generous I think.

My ex works at Human Services head office on JobSeeker.  I know more about this than you do.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×