You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Hi, 

Just after some advice from anyone who has applied for the 190 visa through the IT support sector? Has anyone come to Aus by working in IT and how difficult was it? 

Some background: 
I'm young in my 20's and have been working in IT for the last 6 years. I have multiple years service desk experience, and spent a few years as desktop support and as a build engineer.
I have just started my 2nd working holiday visa so wanted to spend the next year exploring my options of staying. 
I have a partner of around 2 years but we are both young so wanted to explore my other options rather than the partnership visa. 
Using the points calculator I have achieved 70 points so do meet the criteria so wanted to know if its actually worth submitted my EOI ?
Any advice at all would be great, thanks in advance. 

Depends on which State you want to be nominated by for the 190?

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. 

4 minutes ago, Marcusfong171717 said:

WA

Then no, you need to look at WA’s skills lists (or that of any state that you want a nomination from). 

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. 

Paul, 

I’ve had a look at Ict support doesn’t seem to be on WA’s state skills list so does that mean I won’t be nominated to apply if I submit an EOI ? 

2 hours ago, Marcusfong171717 said:

Paul, 

I’ve had a look at Ict support doesn’t seem to be on WA’s state skills list so does that mean I won’t be nominated to apply if I submit an EOI ? 

Correct 

I would try Sydney or Melbourne for anything IT-related. The sector is much bigger in those places.

On 15/05/2020 at 04:07, Marcusfong171717 said:

Hi, 

Just after some advice from anyone who has applied for the 190 visa through the IT support sector? Has anyone come to Aus by working in IT and how difficult was it? 

Some background: 
I'm young in my 20's and have been working in IT for the last 6 years. I have multiple years service desk experience, and spent a few years as desktop support and as a build engineer.
I have just started my 2nd working holiday visa so wanted to spend the next year exploring my options of staying. 
I have a partner of around 2 years but we are both young so wanted to explore my other options rather than the partnership visa. 
Using the points calculator I have achieved 70 points so do meet the criteria so wanted to know if its actually worth submitted my EOI ?
Any advice at all would be great, thanks in advance. 

I think you're on the right path, stay in your elected and you'll get your PR in the years to come!