Worried I could fail medical & cant find info

Hello, 

has anyone or known of anyone who failed their PR medical due to mental health? Ptsd? 
Anyone successfully appealed? 

My medical is in 2 weeks, I’m worried I’ll fail and worried about appealing and failing: 

My spouse and I are currently on a 457, we’ve both passed the medical before 2 years ago with no issues. Now that we’ve actually put in for our PR, we need to do an up to date medical. Since my last medical, I had a male manager At work who was (euphemism) very inappropriate with me and sadly, it stirred up a whole heap of childhood abuse flashbacks - I absolutely fell apart. 

During an acute phase between October 2018 & September 2019, I had hospital admissions due to dissociation and suicidle ideation also ongoing care from community mental health team. Since September, I’ve had the correct diagnosis of complex trauma and aspergers and intervention from a clinical psychologist which has me on the road to recovery at last. I also have a private therapist. The clinic are writing a letter to the medical doctor to say that they hope to discharge me soon and my private therapist has written one stating she will look after my care once I’m discharged. 

On this bridging visa now, we’ve been eligible to sign up for private health insurance to cover costs of any future hospitalisation but it’s unlikely with my prognosis I’ll need it. 

my partner has zero health issues and is main visa person - full time senior child practitioner.

throughout my period of un wellness, I owned a small business making $10,000 and volunteered 2 roles for the hospital who treated me. I also have glowing references to say I’m welcomed back to my work places in Australia. I also have a mentor at the hospital who wants to employ me as a peer worker once I’m discharged. 

do you think my chances of passing the medical are strong? I can’t go back to the UK, life here is amazing despite those issues. 

thanks for reading- stressed and desperate to stay. 

It's not the panel Dr who will be making the decision - they pass everything onto the Dr's for the commonwealth.  If you can supply letters etc., it may mean that they don't ask you for further information, if they did want more info, it would probably be to get another psychiatric opinion (but hopefully your letter from your own psychiatrists will be enough.  Make sure the letter is from a consultant and not the registrar - if you've been seeing the registrar your team should be able to get you an assessment with the consultant.

Your letters should contain, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis.  They honestly, treat MH issues just the same as a medical issue and looking at potential cost.

• Thanks 1