Entering before 309 visa granted

Cowact

9 minutes ago, moominfillyjonk said:

@lepea - did applying for the exemption do anything to trigger them to look at your 309 visa? Also when you apply for the exemption do you have to provide any evidence of your flights/travel? Just wondering if you can apply for the exemption but have no intention of travelling on the hope they look at my 309 application?! Thanks 🙂

What is the point of that? If you have no immediate intention to travel then the 309 is of no immediate use. All this does is slow things down for others and if you get granted an exemption potentially fills a slot someone genuinely needs ... 

In any case, it won't speed up the 309.

Edited by paulhand
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, paulhand said:

What is the point of that? If you have no immediate intention to travel then the 309 is of no immediate use. All this does is slow things down for others and if you get granted an exemption potentially fills a slot someone genuinely needs ... 

In any case, it won't speed up the 309.

My question was based purely on from reading many of the threads of people applying for the exemption but instead of putting a 600 visa down they are putting the 309 down in the hope that it makes immi look at and approve the 309 sooner, it seems regardless of whether they are travelling soon or not. Some people have reported they applied for the exemption, put down the 309 and the visa was then approved. If the 309 got approved you'd probably then be ready to book some flights and make the move and make use of the exemption. Everyone's circumstances and reasons for doing things are different. 

@moominfillyjonk

I did put my partner visa down for my first exemption request and had a reply to say that all the legal requirements hadn’t been met and it couldn’t be process at this time. 
Applied for a second exemption and 600, they were both granted in 3 days. 
It seems there is a huge backlog of partner visas waiting to be processed - one media report said 90,000! I think the global processing time will be remain lengthy.  

• 1 month later...
On 17/08/2020 at 06:14, lepea said:

@moominfillyjonk

I did put my partner visa down for my first exemption request and had a reply to say that all the legal requirements hadn’t been met and it couldn’t be process at this time. 
Applied for a second exemption and 600, they were both granted in 3 days. 
It seems there is a huge backlog of partner visas waiting to be processed - one media report said 90,000! I think the global processing time will be remain lengthy.  

I'm still waiting for the darn Visa 600. I saw a post elsewhere on this thread posted in around the last 14 hours and they said they applied for the Visa 600, then applied for the exemption and then approved for within 72 hours. Am I supposed to apply for the exemption first before the visa is approved? I recall reading on Gov websites saying don't apply for exemption unless if you have a visa. Am I missing something here?

My wife did a medical and couple months in still waiting. I see the wait times have blown out to 4-5 months. It's just crazy. I am exiled from my own country.

2 minutes ago, TruthSeeking said:

Am I supposed to apply for the exemption first before the visa is approved? I recall reading on Gov websites saying don't apply for exemption unless if you have a visa. Am I missing something here?

You need to have at least applied for a visa before you can begin an exemption request. Feedback suggests that applying for the visitor visa and then the exemption is the best strategy at the moment, as an exemption request/approval may trigger a decision on the visitor visa.

1 minute ago, paulhand said:

You need to have at least applied for a visa before you can begin an exemption request. Feedback suggests that applying for the visitor visa and then the exemption is the best strategy at the moment, as an exemption request/approval may trigger a decision on the visitor visa.

We applied for the Visitor Visa 600 a couple months ago, still waiting. Should have we applied for the Exemption as well?