Post from the UK

ToowoombaBlue

On 03/07/2020 at 12:21, Quoll said:

DH sent one like that to the grandson about 3 or 4 weeks ago and it sat in the Sydney office all that time, then a couple of days ago there was a notice on the tracker that said they were going to send some mail by sea because of a lack of air couriers.  He was getting miffed at that point, then 2 days later it was in UK and the next day it was delivered to the grandson.  Ironically, a week to 10 days after DH posted his item, I posted a large letter to the same grandson and he got it the day before he got the DH's = nothing special, not tracked, just mailed!  

But I did get a letter a few days ago from UK which had been posted on 27 March!!!  It's totally up the creek!

Yep, I got an Easter card from the UK a couple of weeks ago. 

• Confused 2

Just now, Toots said:

😮

I had to laugh though too.   I suppose Covid-19 will be blamed for all the delays. 😏

Actually it’s happened before - we had a Christmas 2018 card from my neice that turned up in JUNE 2019.  The good news is, I’ve finally had an email from the UK passport office to say that my passport is on it’s way. It hasn’t arrived of course, but at least I know they’ve sent it. I was a bit bemused when they emailed to tell me my application for a new passport had been accepted ... I had hoped there was no doubt about that part!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fisher1 said:

Actually it’s happened before - we had a Christmas 2018 card from my neice that turned up in JUNE 2019.  The good news is, I’ve finally had an email from the UK passport office to say that my passport is on it’s way. It hasn’t arrived of course, but at least I know they’ve sent it. I was a bit bemused when they emailed to tell me my application for a new passport had been accepted ... I had hoped there was no doubt about that part!

Can I ask when you sent off your application?  I need to renew mine but the website is saying not to apply unless you need to travel urgently.

1 hour ago, Bridgeman said:

Can I ask when you sent off your application?  I need to renew mine but the website is saying not to apply unless you need to travel urgently.

You still just fill in the forms if you need it. I did it for my daughter about 6 weeks ago, never heard anything for 4 weeks so rang them up explained I needed to travel then I got it back within the week.

5 hours ago, Bridgeman said:

Hi. I sent mine off on April 6th. Thought it would take forever, but it was due to expire on June 22nd and I couldn’t see the situation ending any time soon, so I sent it off. I got an email about four weeks later to say they had received it, then two emails apologizing for the delay at approx two week intervals, then an email saying my application had been accepted and my passport was being printed. Then the other day has an email saying it has been sent off to me..  So they do at least keep you informed!

• Like 1

On 03/07/2020 at 16:58, Wannabeaussieguyandgal said:

Fortunately we're not big on having "stuff" so de cluttering shouldn't be a massive issue, but good call nonetheless! 

You could well be surprised at the amount of junk you’ve got ...

• Haha 1