Post from the UK

ToowoombaBlue

2 minutes ago, ToowoombaBlue said:

So I’m aware that the Inland Revenue posted a letter to me on 27th March, it is now 14th May and still no sign of it.

Anyone else experiencing severe delays in receiving post from the UK?

Our letters seem to be taking 3 weeks to arrive 

I got a letter from the bank today dated 6 th April. We are waiting for bank cards too, very frustrating as we need them to access some on line functions!

We got a bunch from UK last week too, via Germany they were several weeks old  

I am told by the postie there is a huge backlog waiting to be sorted as restrictions to personnel in the sorting office have slowed things down a lot  

Edited by rammygirl

23 hours ago, ToowoombaBlue said:

So I’m aware that the Inland Revenue posted a letter to me on 27th March, it is now 14th May and still no sign of it.

Anyone else experiencing severe delays in receiving post from the UK?

I'm waiting for letters posted in the UK mid March. People in the UK waiting for stuff posted by me second week of April. 

Local post office in oz reckons allow 2-3 months at least at present. 

Even local stuff seems to take a week or more.  It is quicker to get in your car and deliver it yourself. As for the overseas stuff, I got a parcel from the UK which I had totally forgotten I had ordered so it was just like Christmas. Several weeks, no, months actually. Gotta be positive...

10 hours ago, starlight7 said:

Even local stuff seems to take a week or more.  It is quicker to get in your car and deliver it yourself. As for the overseas stuff, I got a parcel from the UK which I had totally forgotten I had ordered so it was just like Christmas. Several weeks, no, months actually. Gotta be positive...

Well before the corona virus, my daughter posted a card to me at Brisbane airport which took 10 days to get to the Sunshine Coast. Pigeon post is the norm in this state.

Edited by ramot
  • Like 1

In the olden days when we first came to Australia I used to post a letter in Sydney to Mum who lived off the beaten track in Scotland on a Monday morning and she received it on the Thursday or Friday the same week.  One time she received it on the Wednesday!  It must have gone from the post box to the post office then to the airport then on a train the other end up to Scotland and quickly sorted and delivered.  Now it takes minimum 3 weeks.

12 hours ago, ramot said:

Well before the corona virus, my daughter posted a card to me at Brisbane airport which took 10 days to get to the Sunshine Coast. Pigeon post is the norm in this state.

I laughed when they said they would only deliver letters every other day. We have only had delivery twice a week for a couple of years now so every other day would be a definite improvement.  If it is raining they never come. Maybe can't be bothered riding the motorbike up the hill?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...