457/482 transfer processing time

Hi, just wondering if anyone going through a 457/482 transfer at the moment. Mine was submitted over a month ago, accredited sponsor and still nothing back? Anyone else experiencing these kinds of delays for a transfer?

Hello Irish 54,

I am in same boat. My new employer has applied my nomination transfer request through agent on 16th March'20. I am still waiting to get decision on this. Not sure how long will it strech. 2 months completed today. Is there any way to speed this up?

regards,

PK

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/05/2020 at 20:28, PK17 said:

Hello Irish 54,

I am in same boat. My new employer has applied my nomination transfer request through agent on 16th March'20. I am still waiting to get decision on this. Not sure how long will it strech. 2 months completed today. Is there any way to speed this up?

regards,

PK

Not sure, I am still waiting? Have you had any update? Accredited sponsor?

On 26/05/2020 at 16:10, Irish54 said:

Not sure, I am still waiting? Have you had any update? Accredited sponsor?

I am still waiting. No update yet. The only update I recieved is "delay due to covid" . Its a standard business sponser. More than 2.5 months now. Totally frustrating!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, everton4242 said:

@PK17 @Irish54

I am in the same position. 

Has your visa been approved yet? How long did it take?

@Raul Senise My visa was submitted in May, but my visa expires in March - Would the end date have an effect on the likelihood of approval? This is also my second transfer - my last one was rejected

Still nothing! Very frustrating. Submitted middle of April so two months ago this week.

On 10/06/2020 at 11:52, everton4242 said:

@PK17 @Irish54

I am in the same position. 

Has your visa been approved yet? How long did it take?

@Raul Senise My visa was submitted in May, but my visa expires in March - Would the end date have an effect on the likelihood of approval? This is also my second transfer - my last one was rejected

Hi,

Still nothing. Applied in Mid March'20. Really feel helpless and survival here without a job in biggest pain on earth I guess!! Sorry for my words but really frustrated now. 3 Months !

Eagerly waiting to here some news on this now. 

I know the feeling @PK17. I submitted my visa in mid-April. The 60 days is up tomorrow and I am yet to hear a thing. Mine is sponsored and has been collated by an immigration lawyer. Disappointing to know they are unlikely to provide an expected return update for me too.

Fingers crossed you hear something soon and please do update this forum if you do. It would be handy to know how long I need to wait to start working again. Not an easy situation.

19 minutes ago, MS58 said:

One other thing @PK17 @Irish54 @Raul Senise are you guys in Australia? I am and have heard that visas for people on shore are quicker? Can you let me know if you are in Oz.

Yeah, I'm in Australia. Still nothing unfortunately, beyond frustrating. Chasing lawyers a few times a week but they are getting nothing back outside of the generic reply about delays due to Covid.

13 hours ago, MS58 said:

One other thing @PK17 @Irish54 @Raul Senise are you guys in Australia? I am and have heard that visas for people on shore are quicker? Can you let me know if you are in Oz.

I am an Australian based Registered Migration Agent and lodge applications for clients both in and outside of Australia.

Currently subclass 482 applications for both on and off shore applicants are being held up by processing delays caused by the ongoing Covid 19 situation.

57 minutes ago, Raul Senise said:

I am an Australian based Registered Migration Agent and lodge applications for clients both in and outside of Australia.

Currently subclass 482 applications for both on and off shore applicants are being held up by processing delays caused by the ongoing Covid 19 situation.

Thanks Raul, when you say held up do you mean they’re not actually processing any 482s currently?

15 hours ago, MS58 said:

Yes @MS58. I am in Australia at the moment. Our visa agent is als chasing up with DHA but no luck yet. I will definitely post update once I get it. 

11 minutes ago, PK17 said:

Hello @Irish54, @MS58,

My nomination (transfer) has been approved today morning. It took almost 95 days for it. The delay is because of Covid. Its is standard sponsor.

I pray and lets hope both of you get this approval ASAP.

Thanks.

Congrats! That’s fantastic news! Hoping things might be moving a little again as I heard of someone else get a transfer approved yesterday.

Best of luck in the new role!

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/06/2020 at 20:43, MS58 said:

Congratulations @PK17.

Here’s hoping the process is finally moving. Enjoy the new role.

@Irish54 - good luck in hearing too. It shouldn’t take too long hopefully now that things are moving.

Mine came through this morning! Finally! Best of luck to everyone waiting!