helpplease

Bridging Visa Work Rights from 457 Change Start Date

Hi all,

Hope you're all well.

I am currently in the process of applying for another visa. I am on a 457 visa which expires in 2 months (July) and have been made redundant due to COVID 19. Does the bridging visa have unlimited work rights? Also is the start date able to be brought forward rather than when my current 457 visa expires? I have been unable to access any financial support since my redundancy so need to get back into the workforce as soon as possible!

Thanks

I believe the bridging visa will have the same rights as your current visa, mine did when I went from a WHV->457 however I was able to remove the 6 month work limitation. It may be different if you have applied for a partner visa / non skilled visa or if it's a Temporary / Permanent visa. 

You should be able to access your Super now your hours have been reduced to zero. 

Edited by Samson

9 hours ago, helpplease said:

Hi all,

Hope you're all well.

I am currently in the process of applying for another visa. I am on a 457 visa which expires in 2 months (July) and have been made redundant due to COVID 19. Does the bridging visa have unlimited work rights? Also is the start date able to be brought forward rather than when my current 457 visa expires? I have been unable to access any financial support since my redundancy so need to get back into the workforce as soon as possible!

Thanks

Depends what visa you are applying for and no. But there are more issues than that involved here. 

4 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

You should speak to a migration agent urgently. 

Agreed. 

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. Any comments relate to legislation and policy at date of post.