Is getting citizenship easy?

Dean0703

If you meet all the criteria and haven't done anything unlawful then it's a pretty simple process albeit a lengthy wait.  The test is pretty easy (or used to be) as an English Speaker - multi choice - you don't become a citizen until you have an actual ceremony.

We can apply later this month.

it will be interesting to see how long it takes as we don’t have take the test. One bonus of being older.That’s working on the theory that your application is read, rather than just thrown on the pile. Might be a different form?

Also if there are more on line ceremonies, that will speed things up.

Edited by ramot

1 hour ago, rammygirl said:

60 and over do not need to sit the test for some reason. Still have to fill in the firm though, that is the hard bit. So much information and repetitive. 

We are considered geriatric!!! 

5 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

Sad isn’t it! I’m not quite 60 but at 58 feel happier, more productive (although retired), and fitter than in my 40s. 

☹️ sadly I’m much older, honestly couldn’t care less about not taking the test, I live in hope it might speed our citizenship up. I agree with you, I think we are on the whole fitter and more active then I remember my mother and others were. I just took my lifestyle for granted before Covid 19. 

9 hours ago, Dean0703 said:

So that's it.. as long as you've been there, haven't got the jail and haven't broken the law, pass the test and that's you a citizen... Sounds simple to me!

You don't become a citizen until you've actually done the ceremony.