K mart never closed here for some reason.  Their online delivery is pretty hopeless so it's just as well. My daughter tells me there is a facebook site for Kmart with lots of good ideas - must check it out.

Our k mart is still closed ,best check yours
Our Kmart and Big W are 2 mins away , neither closed......

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

On 07/05/2020 at 20:42, starlight7 said:

Do those piemakers work with the pastry sheets you can buy?

Yes my son uses them.

His brother bought him a Kmart pie maker for Christmas and he used it a few weeks back and it’s fantastic, you can make donuts, muffins, Yorkshire puddings, eggs. He has so many recipes still to try. 
‘His pies tasted just like the Fray Bentos. 

• Like 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Oh I think we will get ourselves up early and go to Aldi. Mother’s Day present to self. One of my daughters has bought me a ( fake ) fur coat as an early Mother’s Day present but I’m not sure it is me , I look like a donut in it.Cosy though.

Oh I think we will get ourselves up early and go to Aldi. Mother’s Day present to self. One of my daughters has bought me a ( fake ) fur coat as an early Mother’s Day present but I’m not sure it is me , I look like a donut in it.Cosy though.
Well I went back on my word, I'm in the aldi queue right now!!! Only 11 loosers infront of me [emoji23]
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

[emoji23] IMG20200509080658.jpeg

We got one! There was only one left at our Aldi at 8.45 am. My husband queued up and there were about 10 people before him in the queue. Tell you what, that German shop has it right, they must be making a mint. Probably keeps the German economy afloat. Now we have to learn how to use it.

• Like 2

Pretty flash shopping centre there tonyman. Our Aldi is just a local next to Coles.

• Like 1

Pretty flash shopping centre there tonyman. Our Aldi is just a local next to Coles.
Heads up, how many were on the shelf pal
?

Shed loads of vultures buying these cream items too, asked about and they said it was better gear than Myers ect so Mothers Day bonus too..... Fantast start of my weekend [emoji3]IMG20200509084634.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonyman said:

Shed loads of vultures buying these cream items too, asked about and they said it was better gear than Myers ect so Mothers Day bonus too..... Fantast start of my weekend emoji3.pngIMG20200509084634.jpeg

We don't have an Aldi here.  😰  A friend brought me back some of that Caviar face cream.  I haven't tried it yet but I am hoping it will work wonders.   😄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, starlight7 said:

We got one! There was only one left at our Aldi at 8.45 am. My husband queued up and there were about 10 people before him in the queue. Tell you what, that German shop has it right, they must be making a mint. Probably keeps the German economy afloat. Now we have to learn how to use it.

Just bought mine at 1.30. I bought the 4 pie one as I make a large one quite often. Last one there but 2 large pie ones left. We’ll have to post success or failure photos!!

• Like 2

We don't have an Aldi here.  [emoji27]  A friend brought me back some of that Caviar face cream.  I haven't tried it yet but I am hoping it will work wonders.   [emoji1]

Honestly Toots, they were going mad for them, also raving about this product!
  • Like 1

Just bought mine at 1.30. I bought the 4 pie one as I make a large one quite often. Last one there but 2 large pie ones left. We’ll have to post success or failure photos!!
We sure will !
Will start another pie thread called High on Pie soon [emoji6]
Don't forget to oil your new toy before first use......
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Toots said:

We don't have an Aldi here.  😰  A friend brought me back some of that Caviar face cream.  I haven't tried it yet but I am hoping it will work wonders.   😄

Post before and after pictures you might be spotted and star in their adverts.

Edited by ramot
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, ramot said:

Post before and after pictures you might be spotted and star in their adverts.

That cream will come in handy in the winter.  My skin suffers more in the cold than in the heat.  It will protect it on the bitterly cold windy days   .............. at least that's my plan.  My Mum used Ponds Cold Cream and Nivea cream all her adult life and she had beautiful skin.  

• Like 3

Did my first pois- cooked up some mince and onions and red peppers in gravy. It was a bit soggy middle top, I think I should have put more filling in. Also- it tells you to preheat it 5 mins but wouldn't you get burnt putting the base in?  Tasted good .

• Like 1

Did my first pois- cooked up some mince and onions and red peppers in gravy. It was a bit soggy middle top, I think I should have put more filling in. Also- it tells you to preheat it 5 mins but wouldn't you get burnt putting the base in?  Tasted good .
Nice one SL........ yes I'd say more filling....
It's rook me until 5pm to find frozen puff and shortcrust pastry..!!!! Only had it in IGA..
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Toots said:

That cream will come in handy in the winter.  My skin suffers more in the cold than in the heat.  It will protect it on the bitterly cold windy days   .............. at least that's my plan.  My Mum used Ponds Cold Cream and Nivea cream all her adult life and she had beautiful skin.  

Ponds and Nivea, that’s a blast from the past. 

Made 4 pies tonight.

the good news is that they tasted really good, edge looks burnt in photo, but was fine.

The bad news is that the lid doesn’t fit properly on one side of the pie maker, so one pie didn’t rise as well.and will have to return and doubt I’ll find another left anywhere.

I found it tricky fitting the base pastry into the hot tray,  if I can replace it,  I might try to fit  the pastry in the base before I heat it, and the pastry is only just de frozen, shape it and quickly put back into the freezer, then add when the base is hot? Also I couldn’t quite cut out 2 base circles out of 1 pastry sheet, so I patched them up a bit, seemed to work.

The pies took much longer to cook, a good 25 mins, but might be because the lid is a bit wonky?

Hope I can replace it otherwise will go to K Mart, but theirs is a bit smaller? and Aldi’s is a good dinner size.

56E5CA12-790C-41AC-B8EA-0081C5C671F4.jpeg

• Like 3

upped our game this weekend...

nutella doughnuts

and then molten chocolate lava cakes. didnt get a photo of them - they didnt last long enough

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-08 at 17.06.13.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-08 at 17.06.12.jpeg

• Like 4

IELTS 08/06/13: 9.0. - ACS Assessment: 02/08/13. Result 13/11/13. VIC SS 20/11/13. EOI 20/11/13. VIC SS Resubmitted 20/06/14, Approved 02/07/14. Visa Application (190) 14/07/14. CO assigned, Meds/PCC requested 27/08/14. Granted 24/10/14!! Activated 31/03/15. Arrival 27/08/15.Citizenship Applied 17/04/2019,  Test confirmed 09/07/2019 for 15/12/2019, Online invite 05/06/2020. Ceremony 18/06/2020

21 hours ago, ramot said:

Made 4 pies tonight.

the good news is that they tasted really good, edge looks burnt in photo, but was fine.

The bad news is that the lid doesn’t fit properly on one side of the pie maker, so one pie didn’t rise as well.and will have to return and doubt I’ll find another left anywhere.

I found it tricky fitting the base pastry into the hot tray,  if I can replace it,  I might try to fit  the pastry in the base before I heat it, and the pastry is only just de frozen, shape it and quickly put back into the freezer, then add when the base is hot? Also I couldn’t quite cut out 2 base circles out of 1 pastry sheet, so I patched them up a bit, seemed to work.

The pies took much longer to cook, a good 25 mins, but might be because the lid is a bit wonky?

Hope I can replace it otherwise will go to K Mart, but theirs is a bit smaller? and Aldi’s is a good dinner size.

56E5CA12-790C-41AC-B8EA-0081C5C671F4.jpeg

Update

The good news

in my mission to replace my pie maker I visited 4 Aldi’s,, yes I have time on my side, i could have bought at least 20 large pie makers, but all the 4 small ones apparently sold out on day one in most stores.

So as it was a nice day for a drive headed off to Caloundra to my 4th ALDI, and there was one sitting there with my name on it!

The bad news

I’ve  looked it over and it does look as though the lid is again a bit loose on the left side, but I’m going to keep it and give the front pie a bit longer and swap it to the back.Hope that works.

• Like 1

Must be a hell of a lot easier to just buy a pie.

• Haha 2

I want it all, and I want it now.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Parley said:

Must be a hell of a lot easier to just buy a pie.

But I know what goes into mine.

Edited by ramot
  • Like 3

Just now, ramot said:

But I know what goes into mine.

That's why I also make my own  ......................  I have not yet bought a pie maker but if you all reckon they are good I'll probably get one from Kmart.

I don't eat meat but I shudder to think what goes into a lot of those bought meat pies.

• Like 2