4 items to be shipped- tiny amount!

Hello all. Apologies in advance if this has been discussed before. My mum’s house is in the process of being sold and I am wanting to ship over a rocking chair, stool, rug and 15 jars of marmite - a teeny weeny amount of stuff. Any recommendations for shipping such a little amount? Thanks heaps 

Edited by proud preston

24 minutes ago, Ken said:

SevenSeas https://www.sevenseasworldwide.com

I've only used their move cube but they also do just boxes and individual items (such as rocking chairs). 

Agree sevenseas are pretty good, although it might be worth considering if you need/could send a little more as the price for the small move cube probably isn't that different to sending a small box or two

I wouldn't bother with the marmite - just means greater inspections needed for foodstuffs. 

You can buy it here (our mate) if you have too.

Alternatively, bring it in your luggage to here and declare it - I did this with Branston pickle once and all OK - now found that can be bought here too!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, elderberry said:

I wouldn't bother with the marmite - just means greater inspections needed for foodstuffs. 

You can buy it here (our mate) if you have too.

Alternatively, bring it in your luggage to here and declare it - I did this with Branston pickle once and all OK - now found that can be bought here too!

Our mate is only available in tiny jars so works out very expensive compared to the large jars in the UK. Consequently if you've got space (and weight) in your luggage it makes sense to bring it with you, but if you have to pay shipping or excess luggage charges for it you'll lose all the saving.

Another accountant...Ken you're on the money! Yeah, you're right, same with Branston....far more expensive here. Luckily I quite like vegimite so that one doesn't bother me!

On my visits I pre-order deliveries of shoes, sneakers (wide feet difficult to find what I need here) & clothing to bring back with me 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/05/2020 at 09:14, proud preston said:

Thanks all. I'm here in Aus now - have been for years. Usually bring 12 jars of Marmite back as Our Mate is so tiny and expensive and......who knows when we will be able to travel to the UK again as it is in such a shocking state 😔

I dislike marmite so much, I'd bring some with me just as a reminder of how awful it is and thank my lucky stars it's hard to get it Oz