Documents for 190 application

7 hours ago, sophieb92 said:

“You must commit to living and working in Victoria for at least two years. If you are currently living in another Australian state, you will need to provide a current Victorian job offer in your nominated occupation to support your visa nomination application.”  

That’s what it says on the vic website... I just assumed that would apply to people overseas as well, but I could be wrong, as marissa said it would be nearly impossible to get a genuine job off whilst overseas as the waiting time is so long... 

With the VIT I honestly don’t know... it was all via the post when I did it, not online. The only thing that I could think of is that they’ve just changed it and the 190 visa scheme hasn’t been changed to reflect that yet... either that or they want to limit it so that only onshore applicants can apply. Either way it sucks!

The only thing I could suggest is to keep going and get your EOI lodged on skillselect and maybe they’ll sort it out... you could also contact live in Melbourne to ask... and if you get to the point when you are ready to do the 190 and haven’t heard anything back, you could just lodge it without the vit and explain when/if they ask?

Hi ahh see I’ve read that as if your in another state for example Queensland when applying you need a job in Victoria. To stop people not actually going to Victoria. I don’t mind not having a job till I get out there I’ve saved enough so that i don’t have to worry for a few months. 
Thanks for advice on the VIT, that’s my plan I think. I will keep you all updated 

5 minutes ago, Dean0703 said:

Strange 

That’s a major change if it’s true that’ll ruin a lot of folks plans. I was paper you see so haven’t seen the online 

Yeah it’s frustrating extremely backwards to as you can apply with a tourist visa but I find the whole Australia system backwards in all honesty why I have to go through both skills assessment and VIT is beyond me. Have you been invited to apply yet for the 190? 

4 hours ago, Snuber said:

Yeah it’s frustrating extremely backwards to as you can apply with a tourist visa but I find the whole Australia system backwards in all honesty why I have to go through both skills assessment and VIT is beyond me. Have you been invited to apply yet for the 190? 

It’s because you don’t need a skills assessment to teach, you only need it to get the skills visa.

The VIT is completely separate to anything to do with visas too... every practising teacher in Victoria has to be registered regardless of where they’re from, even to do supply work. They make sure that all teachers do the required amount of professional development, complete any tasks etc if you end up settling here, you’ll find that you essentially have to do your NQT year again to move from provisional to full registration. They’re also responsible for doing your police checks and so on... they’re thorough to ensure that no one slips through the net etc. 

That’s just how it is here... Australia is just very regulated,  you have to have some kind of licence or registration to do most jobs and they all cost money!