is Interview/test online for citizenship application an option?

AnnetteV

Hi

I hope you all are keeping well.

I finally applied for my citizenship, fingers crossed! 

I noticed on the home affairs website, it says they are looking into having the citizenship ceremony online due to covid-19. I'm wondering if anybody know anything about having Interview/test online for citizenship application as an option?  

Many thanks.

Feedback seems to be at the moment that this will not be an option. The test goes hand in hand with an interview in which the department representative must see both you & your original documents in person, to ensure all is in order. There's no way for them to facilitate this online, so I think we just have to hold tight at the mo and wait for them to resume. Fingers crossed soon - I don't see how they can have people come in in person to centres like Centrelink but not hold similar meetings for other Departments - I think it'll probably depend on how they see citizenship applications as a priority or not. My sense is it's a low down priority at the mo.

• Like 1