Eoi submitted

Hi everyone 

I have been sponsored by SA on a 491 visa 332211 painting trades worker. I submitted my visa application in March and waiting an outcome. My concern is that I'm offshore and will now be overlooked due to Covid pandemic. My medicals are complete and all fees have been paid. It sates that processing time is up to 56 days  for 90% of applications. Does this mean they should at the very least look at the application? I understand borders are closed but I'm not planing on travelling until October. 

If anyone has an insight to my predicament any info would be appreciated. 

As far as I'm aware skilled Visa's are still being processed as usual, albeit a bit more slowly. You are in a good position having had your medicals completed as others are receiving invitations and requests to complete medicals,  but are unable to get these done. I know someone who was recently granted a 491 but they have to wait until borders are lifted to travel. If they grant you an initial entry date and you cannot go by that date because of covid, you will have to cross that bridge when you come to it, that is the only thing I would be worried about. I wouldn't worry about not receiving a visa grant because of covid 🙂 it just might be delayed.

can I ask when you submitted your state nomination application? I have also applied for 491 with SA and trying to figure out roughly when I will receive my nomination and invitation to apply 

4 hours ago, AmyL said:

As far as I'm aware skilled Visa's are still being processed as usual, albeit a bit more slowly. You are in a good position having had your medicals completed as others are receiving invitations and requests to complete medicals,  but are unable to get these done. I know someone who was recently granted a 491 but they have to wait until borders are lifted to travel. If they grant you an initial entry date and you cannot go by that date because of covid, you will have to cross that bridge when you come to it, that is the only thing I would be worried about. I wouldn't worry about not receiving a visa grant because of covid 🙂 it just might be delayed.

can I ask when you submitted your state nomination application? I have also applied for 491 with SA and trying to figure out roughly when I will receive my nomination and invitation to apply 

Hi Amy we submitted our visa application on 10th March 

Edited by Eagle2020