187 visa holders eligible for job keeper

sam2018

A 187 visa is a permanent visa, so that ticks one of the boxes. However there are other criteria. If your employer had to cut your hours then he's presumably suffered the necessary reduction in turnover.

You say you were working full time. One problem arises if the employer treated you as a casual employee despite you working full time. A casual employee needs to have been employed since 1st March 2019 while for a permanent employee it's only from 1st March 2020.

A second problem is that employers don't have to sign up to the JobKeeper program, and if your employer chooses not to then the fact you are eligible is irrelevant.

A 187 visa is a permanent visa, so that ticks one of the boxes. However there are other criteria. If your employer had to cut your hours then he's presumably suffered the necessary reduction in turnover.
You say you were working full time. One problem arises if the employer treated you as a casual employee despite you working full time. A casual employee needs to have been employed since 1st March 2019 while for a permanent employee it's only from 1st March 2020.
A second problem is that employers don't have to sign up to the JobKeeper program, and if your employer chooses not to then the fact you are eligible is irrelevant.

Hi I am permanent full time employee from June 2019 but I now my hours step down to part time.
My employer doesn’t want to claim my job keeper. They said my visa is not eligible is that right?

7 hours ago, sam2018 said:

Hi I am permanent full time employee from June 2019 but I now my hours step down to part time.

My employer doesn’t want to claim my job keeper. They said my visa is not eligible is that right?

If you have a 187 visa that is a permanent visa. Permanent visa holders are eligible for JobKeeper. Looks clear cut to me.

On 24/04/2020 at 20:47, sam2018 said:

Hi guys

I got 187 visa on April 2019 and I work full time for that employer from June 2019 to now but due to corona I get part time hours so do I eligible for job keeper program?

It's not only a matter of whether you as an employye qualifies, but also whetaher your employer's business qualifies.

Evene if you all qualify the emplyer is under no obligation to apply.

Many emplyers have found the system too difficult and in some cases expensive and have chosen not to apply.

It's not only a matter of whether you as an employye qualifies, but also whetaher your employer's business qualifies.
Evene if you all qualify the emplyer is under no obligation to apply.
Many emplyers have found the system too difficult and in some cases expensive and have chosen not to apply.
Hi Raul,

If a 187 visa holder has been stood down without pay, can he leave his employer and move to non-regional big cities? Will he get into trouble?

I wonder if my employer can let me work as a part time instead of full time. Do you think it gonna affect my permanent residency?

Ps. My 187 vis granted on last October. I did get the money from Job seeker yesterday after applying for 3 weeks. My employer doesn't apply the jobkeeper and also have no job for me. At the same time the centrelink asks me to apply for the job plan. But due to the 187 visa I have to commit work for 2 years after my visa granted.