Partner Visa first entry date

Aussiebird

Hi all,

I think due to the covid 19 situation, it very much looks like we will not be making our move to Australia this year, but my question is:

First entry date by 3 Feb 2021, if situation is still not back to normal, can we apply for an extension in case we can't fly to Australia to activate visa?

Hoping it will all be over by then but you never know!!!!

TIA. Xxx

There's nothing at the moment that allows you to extend the IED, there is currently a waiver for people who have missed their IED due to COVID.  Considering Feb 2021 is a long way away and things are moving very quickly at the moment, I would check back in nearer the time to see what the latest guidance is.

8 hours ago, ali said:

I agree with Mt9754 - things are moving reasonably well here in Aus and his initial entry is still 10 months away.  Hopefully, flights will have resumed before then.

Gosh I hope so!!!!

Really hoping to go by the end of the year if we can see our property though!!

Hi all,
I think due to the covid 19 situation, it very much looks like we will not be making our move to Australia this year, but my question is:
First entry date by 3 Feb 2021, if situation is still not back to normal, can we apply for an extension in case we can't fly to Australia to activate visa?
TIA. Xxx

Hello Aussiebird, I have read all your posts as about to start an application ... for the initial part the sponsor part - is that a seperate fee from the 7.7k one? And what do they want to know? Thanks in advance

On 22/04/2020 at 23:58, Aussiebird said:

Hi all,

TIA. Xxx

We are in similar situation. my wife is meant to be her by end of July, but seems like its impossible, and i coudnt find an answer anywhere about initial entry date being changed.

On 25/04/2020 at 00:42, Jojobluesox2 said:

Hello Aussiebird, I have read all your posts as about to start an application ... for the initial part the sponsor part - is that a seperate fee from the 7.7k one? And what do they want to know? Thanks in advance

The sponsorship application won’t attract an additional fee. You will be able to submit it after your partner/spouse’s application.

As a sponsor, you will be requested to provide your personal information, your travels and residences for the last 10 years, character declaration, consent to disclose any offences to your partner/spouse and to abide by your obligations. Further, you will have to provide an Australian (and any foreign, if applicable) police check.