Solopreneur VISA? I need basic info, please.

Tanch7

Hi everyone,

I have been thinking of moving to Australia in the next few years for a while now and looking through all the visas available, honestly, I feel a bit lost.

So I will give you some basic info about my work and I would appreciate if you could just point me in the right direction. As I said, I am not sure if I will actually move but it's better to do some research before committing innit.

I have an online business. I work alone and plan on working alone forever. I earn on average about 10k a month and have no investors (also do not want any).

I sell online courses and ebooks - to a very specific niche. 

What visas should I start looking at? Can you give me any directions, please?

Thanks, and please stay safe. 🙂

How old are you?  If you're 30 or under, you can apply for a WHV (Working Holiday Visa) which will get you a year in Australia, during which time you can continue your online work.   

You can't apply for any of the skilled visas. For those, you must be in an occupation which is on the Skilled List, AND you must have the qualifications and years of experience specified on the list.   It's worth noting that Australia is not a young country desperate for migrants any more - it's just like the UK, the US or any other country, and it strictly limits migration to protect its local workforce. 

Your only option would be a business visa, but I have no idea whether you'd qualify.  Business visas are not straightforward so you should consult a MARA registered migration agent.

Edited by Marisawright

20 hours ago, Marisawright said:

How old are you?  If you're 30 or under, you can apply for a WHV (Working Holiday Visa) which will get you a year in Australia, during which time you can continue your online work.   

You can't apply for any of the skilled visas. For those, you must be in an occupation which is on the Skilled List, AND you must have the qualifications and years of experience specified on the list.   It's worth noting that Australia is not a young country desperate for migrants any more - it's just like the UK, the US or any other country, and it strictly limits migration to protect its local workforce. 

Your only option would be a business visa, but I have no idea whether you'd qualify.  Business visas are not straightforward so you should consult a MARA registered migration agent.

I am currently 27.

So far I have read a little bit about the Entrepreneur Subclass 188 visa and I don't like the idea of 200k funding.

I think they expect entrepreneurs to grow their businesses and employ their citizens which I understand but I really have a small company that makes good money for me, but it's not something I want to expand as in getting employees and investors.

Thank you for your help. 🙂

2 hours ago, Tanch7 said:

I am currently 27.

So far I have read a little bit about the Entrepreneur Subclass 188 visa and I don't like the idea of 200k funding.

I think they expect entrepreneurs to grow their businesses and employ their citizens which I understand but I really have a small company that makes good money for me, but it's not something I want to expand as in getting employees and investors.

Yes, they do.    Like I said, Australia has no strong desire to import more people just for the sake of it. They want people who can make a notable contribution to the economy.  That means people whose skills are in short supply, or people who will create employment.  Someone who works alone and makes enough to support himself in comfort is neither of those things, unfortunately.  

On 23/04/2020 at 01:14, Marisawright said:

Yes, they do.    Like I said, Australia has no strong desire to import more people just for the sake of it. They want people who can make a notable contribution to the economy.  That means people whose skills are in short supply, or people who will create employment.  Someone who works alone and makes enough to support himself in comfort is neither of those things, unfortunately.  

I completely understand that.

Thank you for your help! 😀

• Like 1