You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Alrsv1

Travelling with pending UK Spouse visa application

Apologies if this has been asked before.
Current situation is that I'm in the UK and my wife is stuck in Australia, we had just submitted our UK spouse visa application and had the biometrics scheduled but then it got cancelled due to them closing the VSF visa centres... now stuck in limbo, like many others I'm sure.

My question is can my wife travel to the UK for a visit (assuming she can get a flight) whilst we have a pending application in place?

The visa agent we were using suggested we could but then went off-grid and I assume is not working atm, and never got the chance to clarify.
I wasn't sure if a pending application means you have done the biometrics part or not, we have not yet so she still has her passport.

Just wondered if anyone had done this or knows what the regulations are.
Would love her to visit as who knows when this will all be over but don't want to do anything that may jeopardise our application.

Thanks in advance and stay safe people.
Al.

Well currently she wouldn't be able to travel ( no overseas travel permitted unless for aid workers or compassionate reasons) a visit to you wouldn't qualify for this.  All indications are boarders will be closed until next year anyway.

Yes, if she can get a flight, she can visit. But, getting a flight will be a challenge 

3 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

Yes, if she can get a flight, she can visit. But, getting a flight will be a challenge 

What are the rules for who can fly into the UK?

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

To the OP - currently, you are not allowed to fly out of Australia unless you can prove you have a permanent address overseas.

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

On 18/04/2020 at 16:37, Alrsv1 said:

Apologies if this has been asked before.
Current situation is that I'm in the UK and my wife is stuck in Australia, we had just submitted our UK spouse visa application and had the biometrics scheduled but then it got cancelled due to them closing the VSF visa centres... now stuck in limbo, like many others I'm sure.

My question is can my wife travel to the UK for a visit (assuming she can get a flight) whilst we have a pending application in place?

The visa agent we were using suggested we could but then went off-grid and I assume is not working atm, and never got the chance to clarify.
I wasn't sure if a pending application means you have done the biometrics part or not, we have not yet so she still has her passport.

Just wondered if anyone had done this or knows what the regulations are.
Would love her to visit as who knows when this will all be over but don't want to do anything that may jeopardise our application.

Thanks in advance and stay safe people.
Al.

I don't want to give bad advice as I'm not an agent, but when we previously applied for a UK spouse visa for my partner, we were told that she should NOT attempt to visit the UK while the application was processing. I am not confident as to the accuracy of this, but we also used an agent (UK based lawyer) who seemed quite competent at the time.

I realise my uncertainty isn't helpful, I just know how stressful the process is and would hate to see any issues arise for you.

This forum was always my primary resource for questions and queries and is far superior to any others I found, but I also made use of another forum where a couple of posters had good knowledge of the UK application process. It might be worth having a look there too. It was a forum for british expats, google will know.

• Like 1

:evilface_frowning_s

20 hours ago, Marisawright said:

What are the rules for who can fly into the UK?

It is still technically perfectly possible to fly into the U.K. Heathrow and other major airports are open. However, most flights have been refused and so in practise there are very few passenger arrivals, with most flights now being cargo. 

18 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

It is still technically perfectly possible to fly into the U.K. Heathrow and other major airports are open. However, most flights have been refused and so in practise there are very few passenger arrivals, with most flights now being cargo. 

She wouldn’t be able to leave Oz anyway