Has anyway delayed or postponed their move to in light of the corona pandemic ?

North to South

36 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

I am shocked. Why on earth would people refuse to do the test? Surely they wouldn’t want to risk giving it to others when they can have a test and know they’re safe. Who do they think they are 🙄

Apparently, people with young children are worried about the invasive nature of the test (it is very uncomfortable, apparently).

Haven’t been informed directly but seems our flights to Brisbane early August are cancelled (or were never happening at all despite them saying yesterday the flight was full!).  Chat person on cx website this morning says 1st Sept is the earliest for Lhr to bne via hk.  I wouldn’t put much hope in that at the moment.

14 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Apparently, people with young children are worried about the invasive nature of the test (it is very uncomfortable, apparently).

It did say in my information pack that they were doing a saliva test for children but the nurse today told me that it is incorrect and they haven't been shown how to do it.

So day 3 & day 11 we all have to do the test or as Parley said if you refuse the last one then it's another 10day qaurantine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Brizzie said:

Haven’t been informed directly but seems our flights to Brisbane early August are cancelled (or were never happening at all despite them saying yesterday the flight was full!).  Chat person on cx website this morning says 1st Sept is the earliest for Lhr to bne via hk.  I wouldn’t put much hope in that at the moment.

Hi Brizzie, if you want to go direct to Brisbane, Singapore Airlines are starting their flights. We are booked to fly first week of August and been told our flight is going ahead. Having said that, as we all know, these things can change instantly.

• Like 1

Hi AliQ, we were told the same by Cathay for Aug just a couple of weeks back. I don’t know what to believe. I will look into it.  Qatar seem to be the most reliable right now.  Any other suggestions for direct into Brisbane are very welcome.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brizzie said:

Hi AliQ, we were told the same by Cathay for Aug just a couple of weeks back. I don’t know what to believe. I will look into it.  Qatar seem to be the most reliable right now.  Any other suggestions for direct into Brisbane are very welcome.  

This is so stressful, hope you are OK, I'm getting so rattled these days !

Because we booked and paid with Singapore Airlines a while back, we have to "stick" with them now, if WE cancel we lose our money, so we can't go and book with Qatar as much as it's tempting to do so. I just hope Singapore Airlines are allowed to stick to the new schedule that is now up and there are no more retractions ! I can' t cope with all these last minute changes, we've ended our rental, furniture going soon and everything is finalised, we have to get home !!!
Good luck Brizzie, we may meet each other on that lovely flight to Brisbane 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 01/07/2020 at 18:02, Brizzie said:

@Brizzie if you haven't booked your flights yet then you'd be very wise to consider booking with Qatar. They're the only airline that's kept flying from Europe to Australia throughout the crisis. I'd also book flights to Sydney to avoid the quarantine charges. Flying from Sydney to Brisbane is just a formality once you're here (3 flights a day with Jetstar at the moment), and there are likely to be more flights once the NSW-QLD border opens on the 10 July.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wanderer Returns said:

@Brizzie if you haven't booked your flights yet then you'd be very wise to consider booking with Qatar. They're the only airline that's kept flying from Europe to Australia throughout the crisis. I'd also book flights to Sydney to avoid the quarantine charges. Flying from Sydney to Brisbane is just a formality once you're here (3 flights a day with Jetstar at the moment), and there are likely to be more flights once the NSW-QLD border opens on the 10 July.

If you book Jetstar only 2 items weighing 7 kg hand luggage is included in the ticket price, and they do weigh and charge if you hand luggage is over. It’s easy to get caught out as they weigh your hand bag So if flying on from an international flight you need to pay extra for hold luggage. Virgin are usually more expensive but include a suitcase.

Edited by ramot
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Wanderer Returns said:

We’re all booked now thanks Wanderer.  Fingers crossed.  Anyone flying Qatar, pls note the new ppe 

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/face-shields-qatar-airways/index.html

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ramot said:

If you book Jetstar only 2 items weighing 7 kg hand luggage is included in the ticket price, and they do weigh and charge if you hand luggage is over. It’s easy to get caught out as they weigh your hand bag So if flying on from an international flight you need to pay extra for hold luggage. Virgin are usually more expensive but include a suitcase.

Good point - we've paid $70 for 40kg of luggage for Sydney to GC flight - although it's incomparable with $2800 quarantine charges.

On 01/07/2020 at 16:51, Tulip1 said:

I am shocked. Why on earth would people refuse to do the test? Surely they wouldn’t want to risk giving it to others when they can have a test and know they’re safe. Who do they think they are 🙄

On the news this morning it stated that 60,000 Victorians had been tested but 10,000 had refused, citing their refusal to the Coronavirus not existing and a goverment conspiracy to get everyone's DNA on a database! Maybe they should change the VIC number plate slogan from the Education State to the Tinfoil Hat State? 🤔

Edited by Wanderer Returns
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Wanderer Returns said:

On the news this morning it stated that 60,000 Victorians had been tested but 10,000 had refused, citing their refusal to the Coronavirus not existing and a goverment conspiracy to get everyone's DNA on a database! Maybe they should change the VIC number plate slogan from the Education State to the Tinfoil Hat State? 🤔

I agree it's pretty stupid but to be fair, why do you think it would be any different in other states?

31 minutes ago, Aussiebird said:

Would be great to see if anyone can post on here about flights from London to Perth, airline, experiences etc.... 

Seems to be more posts about flights to other states, so are flights to Perth very limited?? 

Thanks so much 😊

Flights to Sydney and Melbourne were always more plentiful since those states have much h larger populations and that’s not going to change

Edited by Marisawright

1 hour ago, Aussiebird said:

Would be great to see if anyone can post on here about flights from London to Perth, airline, experiences etc.... 

Seems to be more posts about flights to other states, so are flights to Perth very limited?? 

Thanks so much 😊

Have a loo at perth airport arrivals - it will give you an idea of airlines how many flights are arriving.

23 hours ago, Marisawright said:

I agree it's pretty stupid but to be fair, why do you think it would be any different in other states?

I wasn't having a go at Victorians, Marisa - I'm sure we'd have a similar situation up here if there was an outbreak. Although when they had the protests 3 weeks ago the 5G conspiracists were out in force in Melbourne, in addition to the BLM brigade.

13 minutes ago, Brizzie said:

Border closure between Victoria and NSW.  Info if you have flights booked

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news/nsw-victoria-border-qantas-virgin-flight-cancellations

And for the second time this year my ex daughter in law and (this time just one) granddaughter are packing as we speak, hoping to beat the closure tomorrow midnight and return to Canberra from the Gippy bush where they have been isolating.  They evacuated from Marlo ahead of the huge bushfires over the New Year with much the same rush. Fortunately my son and the other granddaughter returned on Friday.  

• Like 3

On 04/07/2020 at 18:49, Aussiebird said:

May become even more limited.  This from a press conference given by the Premier of Western Australia about 2 hours ago:

WA asks for cap on international arrivals for Perth

Mark McGowan is asking for “one flight per three days” to slow the flow of arrivals into WA.

He says more WA residents are coming home now, as restrictions are beginning to ease in WA.

McGowan says the hotel quarantine is beginning to reach its capacity (and he wants people arriving into the state to pay for their own quarantine):

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Skani said:

May become even more limited.  This from a press conference given by the Premier of Western Australia about 2 hours ago:

WA asks for cap on international arrivals for Perth

Mark McGowan is asking for “one flight per three days” to slow the flow of arrivals into WA.

He says more WA residents are coming home now, as restrictions are beginning to ease in WA.

McGowan says the hotel quarantine is beginning to reach its capacity (and he wants people arriving into the state to pay for their own quarantine):

Oh and it just gets worse!

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

I must say I find it remarkable that the state governments can restrict citizens access to their own country by making it cost thousands of dollars over and above the flight.  If the government madates something like this they should pay for it.

To be fair, right at the very start of the travel bans, the Prime Minister made several statements to the effect that residents needed to return to Australia immediately, because it might be their last chance to get home. 

That was weeks ago when flights were readily available 

I know that it wasn’t possible for everyone to drop everything and get on a plane, but there were clear warnings 

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

To be fair, right at the very start of the travel bans, the Prime Minister made several statements to the effect that residents needed to return to Australia immediately, because it might be their last chance to get home. 

That was weeks ago when flights were readily available 

I know that it wasn’t possible for everyone to drop everything and get on a plane, but there were clear warnings 

Yes there were quite a few announcements, i think they started early March when the' poop started to hit the fan'.

Cal x

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Aussiebird said:

Oh and it just gets worse!

It's been passed, only 525  people per week will be allowed in - there was talk about people having to pay for quarantine, but this wasn't mentioned in the bulletin I listened to on the way home from work.