143 visa and AOS

Collz

I've just lodged 143 for my mum in March 2020 and immigration requesting for AOS.  Does any one know if this is usually the case? I thought they would request this towards the end of the process when ready to approve like they did for 173 visa. Wondering if these are measurements put in place due to Covid

On 14/04/2020 at 20:10, Collz said:

I've just lodged 143 for my mum in March 2020 and immigration requesting for AOS.  Does any one know if this is usually the case? I thought they would request this towards the end of the process when ready to approve like they did for 173 visa. Wondering if these are measurements put in place due to Covid

143 visa applications for 173 visa holders are processed relatively quickly - generally in 4 to 6 months at most - so what you have been requested to provide is not unexpected.

Best regards.

On 16/04/2020 at 11:36, Alan Collett said:

143 visa applications for 173 visa holders are processed relatively quickly - generally in 4 to 6 months at most - so what you have been requested to provide is not unexpected.

Hi Alan

So just considering processing times, overall is the 173 followed by 143 a better option? I was of the impression that the overall processing time remains same..

17 hours ago, Arti said:

Hi Alan

So just considering processing times, overall is the 173 followed by 143 a better option? I was of the impression that the overall processing time remains same..

Given a choice between a one step or two step strategy I'd go for the one step - this will be cheaper overall and permanent residency comes through at the first time of asking.

The processing time for a 173 visa and a 1-step 143 visa is broadly the same; the AoS process is only required with the 143 and it is this aspect which tends to mean the 173 timeline is a few weeks less than a 1-step 143.

Best regards.

• Like 1