NSW 190 - Carpenter 90 (85+5) - Invited and applied

Domo

On 20/04/2021 at 03:20, Canada2Australia said:

Why would you be consulting with a UK migrant agent when you live in Toronto? I don't understand that logic. Being Canadian, just use a migrant agent in Canada. I'm sure there aren't any shortages in Toronto.

If you think that is strange, I'm an American using a South African agency. There aren't any agents in the US as far as I know. They've been great.

My medicals are expired too. Before deciding to get an agent, I mistakenly did a medical exam first but I'm told was okay to do so. Of course, it's expired but I've heard of direct grants happening anyway. Worst case, I'll do it again.

10 hours ago, nomadiccarpenter said:

If you think that is strange, I'm an American using a South African agency. There aren't any agents in the US as far as I know. They've been great.

My medicals are expired too. Before deciding to get an agent, I mistakenly did a medical exam first but I'm told was okay to do so. Of course, it's expired but I've heard of direct grants happening anyway. Worst case, I'll do it again.

Haha, did you go to SA for your technical interview? I was there when covid struck, got robbed and had no communication with my agency, so I had no clue what was going on at the time. I was scheduled to fly to Oz a month later and def would have caught the first flight to Oz if I knew they were shutting down borders at the time. Hindsight is a *****

On 22/04/2021 at 03:41, Domo said:

Haha, did you go to SA for your technical interview? I was there when covid struck, got robbed and had no communication with my agency, so I had no clue what was going on at the time. I was scheduled to fly to Oz a month later and def would have caught the first flight to Oz if I knew they were shutting down borders at the time. Hindsight is a *****

The closest Vetassess I could find was Belfast, Northern Ireland. Studied for months, flew to Dublin and took a train there a couple days later. Then I rushed to catch a train back to Dublin and flew back to Texas just in time for a 4am call at work. A couple months later, Covid started and Vetassess announced they would conduct interviews over Skype! haha

3 hours ago, nomadiccarpenter said:

The closest Vetassess I could find was Belfast, Northern Ireland. Studied for months, flew to Dublin and took a train there a couple days later. Then I rushed to catch a train back to Dublin and flew back to Texas just in time for a 4am call at work. A couple months later, Covid started and Vetassess announced they would conduct interviews over Skype! haha

Hah, Hopefully you managed to at least crush a beer while in Dublin. 

• Congratulations 1